Best 10 days Morocco tour from Tangier to Marrakech
Below here is the program itinerary of 10 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 10 days Morocco tour from Tangier to Marrakech?
The 10 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech is, by far, one of the most popular tours that joins most Moroccan interesting attractions. These 10 days in Morocco will take you from the north to the south, you'll have the opportunity to discover the famous Imperial cities of Morocco included, namely Meknes, Fes, and Marrakech. Also, you'll meander around the intricate alleyways of the blue-painted city of Chefchaouen and enjoy the Sahara desert.
- Daily departure is available.
- Imperial cities of Meknes, Fez and Marrakech.
- Rif Mountains - Enjoy the wonderful views that this mountain chain has to offer.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa Valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Fez medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fes tannery.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Marrakech - Discover Morocco's vibrant Red City, with its atmospheric medina and lively Djemma El-Fna Square.
- Explore the gorgeous town of Chefchaouen, discover its mountainous terrain.
- Volubilis - Witness the glory of the Roman Empire and enjoy the beautiful mosaic in the ruined mansions.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best Morocco Grand Tour: 10 Days Tour from Tangier to Marrakech via Desert
How you will spend these 10 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco tour company is placed at your disposal with this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 10 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 10 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech
If you are looking for trips to Morocco to enjoy your time with everything, this may be your best option. Not only for the services we offer but because on this 10-day trip you'll have the chance to see some of the most beautiful highlights in the country. In this tour, we will travel from north to south of Morocco. You will start your trip from Tangier, then you will travel to explore Chefchaouen the blue city of Morocco. This itinerary includes discovering Fes and Marrakech, you will have the opportunity to see the old Medina of these imperial cities. Also, you will visit Merzouga city through Ziz Valley and Erfoud, cross the Middle Atlas and the high Atlas Mountains, the Moroccan desert, camel trek and visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, including overnight in the camp and free time to a short walk in Todra Gorges and Dades Gorges. We hope you enjoy our ten days tour in Morocco.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Tangier - Rif Mountains - Chefchaouen
Welcome to Tangier - the gateway between Europe and Africa. Located close to the south of Spain.
Today you'll meet your guide/driver at the airport or where you indicate, to start your journey towards Chefchaouen. On our way, you'll cross the Rif Mountains and enjoy the wonderful views that this mountain chain has to offer. When we arrive in Chefchaouen you'll have a free afternoon to explore this beautiful blue and white city. Overnight in a local Riad or Hotel.Driving distance Approximately 112 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 18 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Chefchaouen.Meals Breakfast
- Day 2: Chefchaouen - Volubilis - Meknes - Fes
On the second day, rise early to snap photos of the people-less streets before leaving for Fes. Stoping in our way at Volubilis Roman Empire. In 1997, the archaeological site of Volubilis was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site List. Wander the complex, temples, and many mosaics on the site. We head towards Meknes where we will visit the famous gates of Bab El Mansour and Moulay Ismail Tombs, and the Royal Stables, after your break lunch, we'll drive to Fes. Overnight will be in a local Riad in the Medina or in a Hotel.Driving distance Approximately 261 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Fes guided tour, Full-day trip in Fes
Today we will discover the oldest of the imperial cities in Morocco, and perhaps the most interesting and exciting to explore. Before venturing into the medina on foot (the largest urban car-free zone in the world). Meet your local guide to learning more about the history and culture of Fes, and most importantly, to help you navigate the Medina, walk-in its alleys and small streets, and then visit places like Royal Palace gate, the Jewish headquarter, the famous University of Al-Qarawiyyin, the oldest in the region, the Tanneries, the Attarine museum, and Moulay Idriss Mausoleum. After your break lunch, we will drive uphill to the ruins of the Merenid Tombs for an all-encompassing view of the city of Fes. Returning to your traditional riad or hotel for spending the night.Driving distance Approximately 35.6 kilometersEstimated driving duration 00 hr 42 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 4: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Medalt - Ziz valley - Merzouga
Today, we start our day bright and early and travel south toward Merzouga. Along the way, you will pass the town of Ifrane which known worldwide as the Switzerland of Morocco; for its alpine-style European houses with sloping roofs, not like the traditional architecture of Morocco, it is surrounded by striking nature due to its height (1630 meters), particularly the National Park which is worth a stop to visit one of the interesting inhabitants, the Barbary Macaque monkeys that live in the extensive cedar tree forest, before stopping for lunch in Midelt ("the apple city'). Then continuing the way over the Tizi N'Talghamt pass into the Ziz Valley, known for its hidden oases and palm trees. Afterward, continue our journey on to Erfoud, known for its date festival and fossil mining, till we arrive at Erg Chebbi, an extensive sea of sand dunes. Upon reaching Merzouga, drop you off in a local hotel or Riad near the dunes.Driving distance Approximately 463 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Merzouga desert Area - Camel Trek and Overnight in the Camp
Today is devoted to exploring the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the village surrounded. After breakfast, at your accommodation, the journey starts by visiting the nomads that still live-in Berber tents in the middle of the Sahara desert; see how they are living and drink a cup of tea with them. After that, we'll drive to Meffis mines to discover how they work there. Afterward, we'll visit the small village of Khamilia where the Gnaoua people, you'll have firsthand experience with their music and lifestyle. The lunch will be with these black peoples. Later on, we go back to Merzouga, where we'll leave the car, and take the experience of camel trekking over the high sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi desert, your local guides will show you how to mount and dismount and other handy camel-related safety tips. You'll see the beautiful view of the sunset on top of a high dune, then we'll back to your desert camp where you are going to spend your night (the desert camp can be luxurious or standard as your choice). After a delicious dinner, time to listen to Berber music played by local nomads under stars, and if you love dancing you can dance on the tones of barbarian music.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 01 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Merzouga - Rissani - Todra Gorges - Dades Valley
Before returning to your accommodation in Merzouga where you will meet your driver/guide, you'll wake up early to witness the beautiful sunrise over the amazing sand dunes of Erg Chebbi, and cast various shadows and colors over the sea of sand dunes. Then, you'll take a camel ride back to your accommodation in Merzouga, you'll have the opportunity to take a shower and enjoy a delicious breakfast. Then we continue to pass through into Rissani, a market town. After a visit to Rissani, we will continue to travel to the town of Tinghir before reaching the deep Todra Gorges. You will have time to explore the gorge and relax, the lunch will be in a restaurant overlooking the valley. After lunch, we will travel to Boumalne Dades. Overnight in Dades Gorges.Driving distance Approximately 285 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 08 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Dades Valley.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 7: Dades Valley - Kalaat M'Gouna - Skoura - Ouarzazate
Today after your breakfast, we leave Dades Gorges towards Ouarzazate through the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs. Then we'll stop in the roses city "Kalaat M'Gouna", which is known for growing roses and for its Festival des Roses. Continuing to Skoura, and the bird's valley, you'll visit the Kasbah of Amridil, a well-preserved kasbah in this area. Afterward, we continue on our way to Ouarzazate, a gateway to the Sahara Desert made popular by the film industry. Before reaching your accommodation, we will visit the corporate studios of "Atlas Film". Overnight at the Riad or Hotel in Ouarzazate.Driving distance Approximately 148 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 06 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Ouarzazate.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 8: Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - Telouet Kasbah - Marrakech
Today, we'll leave Ouarzazate towards Marrakech, we'll rise early and continue on to Morocco's most famous kasbah and a UNESCO World Heritage site, Ait Benhaddou, stopping to explore the narrow streets and passageways of this traditional mud-brick city. After that, we continue the road to visit Kasbah of Telouet, where you'll have lunch. Before leaving this Berber Village, you will have the opportunity to discover this Kasbah and take pictures to document your trip. From here, you will travel the winding road over the High Atlas mountains, and Tizi N'Tichka Pass (2260m), which offers impressive views of valleys, mountains, and many Berber villages nearby. Upon arrival in the Red City of Marrakech, settle into your accommodation.Driving distance Approximately 205 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 57 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 9: Exploring the city of Marrakech
Today is dedicated to visiting Marrakech's important sightseeing and monuments, after breakfast at your accommodation, you will explore Marrakech which considered ”the red city of Morocco”. We will ensure that you see the most important sites of historical and cultural interest, including "the Majorelle Gardens", "the Menara", "the Koutoubia Tower", "the Saadian Tombs", and "the Bahia Palace". In Marrakech, you'll also have the opportunity to visit the square of Jamma El-Fna. In this large square, visitors see attend dancers, storytellers, jugglers, artisans, and snake charmers perform to entertain. After lunch at a restaurant near the square, you will walk through the souks and see hundreds of handicrafts. In the afternoon, you will have some free time to wander by yourself via the other parts of the city. Dinner and overnight at the Riad or Hotel in Marrakech.Driving distance Approximately 25.6 kilometersEstimated driving duration 00 hr 58 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 10: Marrakech - Transfer to the Airport
For the last day of our 10 days tour in Morocco itinerary, and depending on your flight, our driver will transfer you to the airport to catch your flight home. End of our services: 10 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech via Chefchaouen and Merzouga desert.
We hope you enjoy your time with our company.Driving distance Transfer to the AirportEstimated driving duration Transfer to the AirportMeals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- 8 nights stay at Hotel or Riad;
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.