Northern Morocco Tour: 4 Day Trip From Tangier To Chefchaouen
Below here is the program itinerary of 4 days tour from Tangier to Chefchaouen, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 4 days tour from Tangier to Chefchaouen?
On this quick 4 days tour from Tangier to Fes and Chefchaouen, you will discover Morocco's northern cities. This tour will allow you to explore medieval medinas of historic Meknes and Fes, roam blue-painted streets of picturesque Chefchaouen, and discover ancient ruins of the fallen Roman Empire in Volubilis.
- Daily departure is available.
- Imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, and Fez.
- Discover souks, tanneries, and artisan workshops in medieval Fes.
- Explore Roman ruins and mosaics in Volubilis.
- Explore the gorgeous town of Chefchaouen, discover its mountainous terrain.
- Enjoy the sunset over the "Blue City" of Chefchaouen.
- Rif Mountains - Enjoy the wonderful views that this mountain chain has to offer.
- Rabat guided tour including Hassan Tower and Oudaya Kasbah.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Fez medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fes tannery.
- Volubilis - Witness the glory of the Roman Empire and enjoy the beautiful mosaic in the ruined mansions.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Top 4 Days Tour from Tangier: Northern Morocco Itinerary
How you will spend these 4 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco tour company placed is at your disposal. This simple itinerary will give you an idea of how you will spend 4 days in Morocco. It is a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 4 days tour from Tangier to Chefchaouen
For any traveler who loves to visit the north of Morocco and wants to explore the blue city of Chefchaouen and only has a bit of time, the 4 days tour from Tangier to Chefchaouen is the best choice and a good tour itinerary to explore the north of Morocco and discover the main attractions in Tangier, Fes, and Chefchaouen. This trip from Tangier to Chefchaouen will allow you to visit and explore the capital of Morocco Rabat. Then you will continue on your tour to Fes after visiting all the main attractions in Rabat. Along the way, we will visit Volubilis, which is the Oldest Roman post south of Morocco. Then cross Meknes city where you'll take a stroll in its El Hedim square and old Medina. We'll be sightseeing all the interesting places in the city including Mausoleum Moulay Ismail, Sahrij Souani, and Bab El Mansour which is the biggest gate in Morocco. The night will be in Fes and then you will have a full day trip in Fes to explore all the main attractions in this imperial city. The next destination will be Chefchaouen blue city one of the best places to visit in Morocco, and the most attractive to tourists. The end of our tour is in Tangier.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Tangier - Larache - Rabat guided tour
On the first day, upon your arrival to Tangier, you will find a driver/guide from our team who will meet you and takes you to Rabat, an old imperial Capital of domes and minarets, sweeping terraces, wide avenues, and green spaces, Rabat is the current capital of Morocco. From Tangier, you will travel through Larache which is actually both an Andalusian and an Arab town on the Atlantic coast. In Rabat, a guided city tour to the main attractions is included like the wonderful Oudaya Kasbah, the Medina, which contains the souks of the city, bound by Almohad ramparts and by the 17th-century Andalusian Wall. Then we continue our tour to the Hassan Tower, Mausoleum of Mohammed V, and the Chella Necropolis where the Roman and Islamic ruins lie side by side whispering endless stories of centuries past. Dinner and night in Rabat.Driving distance Approximately 250 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 44 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Rabat.Meals Breakfast
- Day 2: Rabat - Volubilis - Meknes - Fes
After your breakfast, we leave Rabat along with vast agricultural fields to the second imperial city of Meknes, before reaching Meknes we will visit the sacred city of Moulay Idriss Zerhoun. You will have some time to rest in this beautiful small city before visiting the Roman ruins of Volubilis. Volubilis is a truly impressive setting selected by UNESCO as a cultural heritage site for humanity. Later on, we continue our journey to Meknes, in this city, you will stroll in the busy square of El Hedim. You will have lunch in a local restaurant near the square, then you will have the chance to take some photos of the massive Bab El Mansour gate. The city tour of Meknes includes Sahrij Souani stables, the old Medina, and the beautiful Royal Palace. After your visit, we leave towards the great city of Fes. Overnight in Fes.Driving distance Approximately 275 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 47 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Fes Sightseeing Tour - Medina Guided Tour
After you enjoy your breakfast, you will begin our tour of the Fes Medina, one of the largest walled cities in the world. You will explore the narrow streets lined with fresh fruit, mounds of spices, intricately woven Berber carpets, and many other art objects of Morocco. You will visit the King's Palace, the tanneries, and potters. You will also visit the Mosque Quaraouiyine (founded in 859 by Fatima The Fihri) and the Andalusian Mosque. Then we will visit the sources including the Nejjarine Fountain, madrassas (Koranic schools), Batha (Museum of the Palace of Fine Arts). For lunch, you may choose to eat in a traditional restaurant in the heart of Medina. After lunch, we continue our trip and return to your accommodation for the evening. Your full-day trip in Fes includes a short visit to the famous ceramic factory, and then you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the whole Medina of Fes. Overnight stay in Fes.Driving distance Approximately 35.6 kilometersEstimated driving duration 00 hr 55 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 4: Fes - Ouazzane - Chefchaouen - Tangier
After breakfast, you will leave for Tangier via the farmland, and small villages before you reach the impressive Rif Mountains. On the way, you will visit the blue town of Chefchaouen which hides in the hollow of the two mountains - Ech-Chaoua, or “The Horns”, from which the town gets its name. Steep narrow streets with white and indigo limewashed buildings, small squares, ornate fountains, and houses with elaborately decorated doorways and red tile roofs make this a delightful town. Then you will enjoy your lunch in one of the traditional restaurants with its atmospheric view over the Ech-Chaoua Mountains. In the afternoon, the driver will drop you off at Tangier. Our driver will make sure you reach your chosen accommodation. End of our services: 4 days trip from Tangier to Chefchaouen via Fes.Driving distance Approximately 313 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 47 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- 3 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.