7 Days Tour from Tangier to Marrakech: Best Desert Trip
Below here is the program itinerary of 7 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 7 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech?
Explore Morocco with 7 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech, it allows you to visit the imperial cities Fez, Meknes, and Marrakech. Highlights include the famous Tanner's Quarter of Fez, the UNESCO-listed ruins of Volubilis, the Sahara desert of Merzouga, and the vibrant souks of Marrakech.
- Daily departure is available.
- Imperial cities of Meknes, Fez and Marrakech.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Drive through the palm groves of Skoura.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Marrakech - Discover Morocco's vibrant Red City, with its atmospheric medina and lively Djemma El-Fna Square.
- Explore the gorgeous town of Chefchaouen, discover its mountainous terrain.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Rif Mountains - Enjoy the wonderful views that this mountain chain has to offer.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Fez medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fes tannery.
- Explore Casablanca including Hassan II mosque and Quartier Habous.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Volubilis - Witness the glory of the Roman Empire and enjoy the beautiful mosaic in the ruined mansions.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- Meknes - Explore its historical ramparts and walk through its alleys of the Medina, including Bab El Mansour and Moulay Ismail Tomb.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Top 7 Days Morocco Tour from Tangier to Marrakech
How you will spend these 7 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 7 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 7 days Morocco tour from Tangier to Marrakech
If you are traveling to Morocco by Tangier this 7 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech via Merzouga desert will be a great and the best option to discover many landscapes and see the beautiful attractions of imperial cities like the medina of Fes, Meknes, and Marrakech, this journey will allow you to explore Chefchaouen the blue city of Morocco, crossing the Authentic Berber Villages, ancient kasbahs, Gorges, Oasis, and the impressive High Atlas Mountains, our tour includes also camel trek in the Erg Chebbi Dunes, and spending one night in Merzouga at the desert camp, we hope you enjoy our 7 days tour in Morocco.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Tangier - Rif Mountains - Chefchaouen
Today is the first day of our 7 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech, our driver is going to pick you up from the Airport or from your accommodation, then drive towards Chefchaouen (the blue city) via the Rif mountains and Tetouan city to enjoy the beautiful sceneries and see the great mountains. You will explore the main attractions in Chefchaouen. Your first night will be in a Riad or Hotel in Chefchaouen.Driving distance Approximately 112 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 18 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Chefchaouen.Meals Breakfast
- Day 2: Chefchaouen - Volubilis - Meknes - Fes
After finishing your breakfast in your accommodation, our private trip will start towards Volubilis passing through Ouezzane and other Rif villages, in Volubilis we will explore the best-preserved Roman ruins in Morocco and learn about the archeological site of Moroccan history, after the visit of the ruins, we will transfer our way to Meknes city a 17th-century heritage, where we will stop for the break lunch and hang around the historical huge walls of the medina, including Bab El Mansour and Moulay Ismail Tomb. After we visit Meknes, we will drive directly and head to Fes city where you will spend the night.Driving distance Approximately 261 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Fes Sightseeing Tour
Today you will have a guided tour to explore the Medina, the famous Souks of Fes, and its narrow cobbled streets which are filled with old mosques and towering green-glazed minarets as well as the unique Andalusian architecture in every corner of the ancient city and its monuments, we will ensure that you visit all sites with cultural and historical interest including the most known University of Al-Qarawiyyin. We will visit also the tanneries and the ceramic cooperative to see the traditional Moroccan crafts. Your full-day trip in Fes includes a short visit to the famous ceramic factory, and then you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the whole Medina of Fes. Overnight at the hotel or riad.Driving distance Approximately 35.6 kilometersEstimated driving duration 00 hr 55 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 4: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Ziz valley - Merzouga
Today, we'll pick you up from your accommodation in Fes, then drive south to Azrou through Ifrane (Switzerland of Morocco), and then we head to the Middle Atlas Mountains stopping in the cedar forest to take some fascinating pictures with the Barbarian Apes. Then we will continue our journey via the Atlas Mountains and enjoy the landscapes of Midelt, you'll have lunch in Midelt. After finishing the break lunch, we will continue through the Ziz Valley towards Erfoud and Rissani before we arrive in Merzouga city. Overnight at a local hotel or Riad in Merzouga.Driving distance Approximately 463 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Merzouga - Sahara Desert sightseeing - Camel ride - Desert camp
Today is devoted to exploring the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the village surrounded. After breakfast, at your accommodation, the journey starts by visiting the nomads that still live in Berber tents in the middle of the Sahara desert; see how they are living and drink a cup of tea with them. After that, we'll drive to Meffis mines to discover how they work there. Afterward, we'll visit the small village of Khamilia where the Gnaoua people, you'll have firsthand experience with their music and lifestyle. The lunch will be with these black people. Later on, we go back to Merzouga, where we'll leave the car, and take the experience of camel trekking over the high sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi desert, your local guides will show you how to mount and dismount and other handy camel-related safety tips. You'll see the beautiful view of the sunset on top of a high dune, then we'll back to your desert camp where you are going to spend your night. After a delicious dinner, time to listen to Berber music played by local nomads under stars, and if you love dancing you can dance on the tones of barbarian music.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 01 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Merzouga - Rissani - Erfoud - Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
For this day, we'll wake you up early in the morning to see the best sunrise view and cast different shadows and colors over the sea of sand dunes, the highest in Morocco, before we return back to our desert accommodation, and after enjoying your breakfast, we head to Rissani to visit its traditional market considered to be the largest in the whole of Southern Morocco. After that, we'll continue our way towards Tinghir then to the stunning Todra Gorge the highest, and the narrowest gorges in Morocco. The gorge is a great spot for hiking and relaxing on the edge of the river or sampling some local Berber delicacies. After the break lunch in the heart of the gorge, we will drive via the Dades Valley where we'll end our day by spending the night in a nice accommodation located on the top of the mountain.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 06 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Dades Valley.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 7: Dades Valley - Skoura - Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - Marrakech
On the last day, after breakfast in your accommodation, we'll drive via the Dades Valley toward Kalaat M'Gouna (the city of roses) and Ouarzazate. The Dades Valley road is the way of a thousand kasbahs providing numerous opportunities to take some beautiful pictures of your trip, then we will have a short stop in atlas movies studio of Ouarzazate before we drive to Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, which is the largest Kasbah in Morocco, built by Thami El Glaoui, one of the last Berber chieftains during the beginning of the XXth Century, it used to be one of his stops during his long travel from the Sahara to Marrakech city and now it is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1987. We will have a break for lunch in this amazing Kasbah. After your break lunch, we will transfer the way to cross high atlas mountains full of panoramic views and attractive Berber villages all along the way till Marrakech where our seven days tour in Morocco ends. Our driver will make sure you reach your chosen accommodation. End of our services: 7 days tour from Tangier to Marrakech.Driving distance Approximately 332 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 40 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 5 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.