11 Days Morocco Tour from Agadir - Marrakech - Merzouga
Below here is the program itinerary of 11 days tour from Agadir to Merzouga via Marrakech and Fes, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 11 days Morocco tour from Agadir?
Starting and ending in Agadir, the "desert trip from Agadir" is a guided explorer tour that takes 11 days tour in Morocco. You will travel through Essaouira, Marrakesh, Casablanca, Todra Gorges, Chefchaouen, and other destinations in Morocco. "11 days Morocco tour from Agadir" is a trip that includes accommodation, transport, meals, and others. The earthy scent of saffron, the kaleidoscope of colored carpets, mountains, mosques, mayhem - this is Morocco. Let us guide you through the chaos of the medinas, bustling squares, and sprawling palaces, getting you under the skin in ways you just couldn't manage alone. From the magical mayhem of Marrakech through to iconic Casablanca and Fes, we'll then head into the desert to stay with some Berber people and enjoy dinner in the nomad tent.
- Daily departure is available.
- Ouarzazate: Explore this popular filmmaking location, which is also famous for its preserved Kasbahs and for being a perfect starting point for discovering the desert.
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, a perfect example of Moroccan clay architecture & UNESCO heritage site.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars in Merzouga.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert of Merzouga - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Agadir: Relax in a beautiful place filled with busy souks, mostly known for its mesmerizing crescent beach and the seaside promenade lined with inviting cafes and restaurants.
- Explore the funky coastal town of Essaouira.
- See the Hassan ll Mosque in Casablanca.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Taroudant: Catch a glimpse of the charming "little Marrakech" known for its craftsmen, nice carpets, and leatherwork.
- Stop in Taliouine (the only saffron growing area in Morocco) and visit the Saffron cooperative, with a brief visit to the Glaoui Kasbah.
- Take a guided tour through Essaouira and its medina, another World Heritage Site.
- Exploration with a local guide of the Old Medina in Marrakesh which is recognized for its Outstanding Universal Value.
- Discover Chefchaouen, the Blue Pearl of Morocco, in a unique experience.
- See Koutoubia Mosque and bustling Jemaa El-Fna Square.
- Fes: See the Royal Palace the Medina and the local markets.
- Rabat: Visit Hassan Tower Mosque, and Oudaya Kasbah.
11 Days Morocco Tour from Agadir to Merzouga via Marrakech and Fes
How you will spend these 11 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco tour company suggests this tour itinerary for a 11 days tour with this day-to-day guide for your journey. The itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 11 days desert trip from Agadir
Morocco 11 days tour starts from the city of Agadir sits by the Atlantic Ocean on Morocco's southern coast. The 11 days trip from Agadir via imperial cities and the Sahara Desert will cover the main highlights of Morocco with a huge range of scenery and culture and the itinerary will give you the perfect introduction to this ancient country. Explore the major historical sites and natural wonders of Morocco, whilst revealing its cultural diversity, from Berber and Arab areas to former French, Spanish and Portuguese cities. This desert trip from Agadir is an authentic and indulgent way to experience Morocco's highlights.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Arrival in Agadir - Transfer you to your accommodation
Welcome to Morocco! Upon your arrival at Agadir airport, a member of our team will welcome you and then transfer you to your accommodation.Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Agadir.
- Day 2: Agadir to Essaouira
After breakfast in your accommodation, we will start the tour to visit Agadir city, with its stunning beach and corniche, souks, and historical kasbah. After that, we drive to Essaouira, a wonderfully relaxed coastal fishing town where you can explore Phoenician, Berber, Portuguese, Jewish, and French past in the well-preserved architecture, small alleyways, and enchanting Medina. Visit in your tour the historical old port, walk along the harbor side and view the Skala fortress with its wave-lashed ramparts and cannons. Stroll through the serene squares, browse artisan shops and galleries, and observe the handicrafts of the "Tuya" wood found only in Morocco, or spend your time snapping a few photos of the colorful fishing boats lined up over the shore. Overnight stay in Essaouira at hotel/riad.Driving distance Approximately 175 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 00 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Essaouira.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Essaouira - Marrakech
After breakfast, depart for Marrakech from Essaouira via the scenic inland road with the forest of the Argan trees (sometimes with goats!) which only exist in this region of the world. Stop off at Argan oil cooperatives along this relaxing drive. On the way, we'll enjoy many stops to capture photos and enjoy the cool air, and panoramic view. During our drive, we will, also, be able to see the surrounding countryside. Overnight stay in Marrakech at hotel/riad.Driving distance Approximately 195 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 45 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 4: Marrakech city tour
After breakfast at your accommodation in Marrakech, you can start exploring Marrakech "The red city of Morocco". Your local guide will ensure that you see the most important places of historical and cultural interest, including the Saadian tombs, the Palaces of El Bahia and El Badi, and the Ben Youssef Coranique School. Lunch is at a restaurant near the square, then in the afternoon, you'll go to the Majorelle Garden, La Menara, and the Koutoubia Mosque. Also, you may walk around the "Square Jemaa El Fna" full of magicians, storytellers, snake charmers, and food sellers. Overnight stay in a hotel or riad.Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 5: Marrakech to Rabat via Casablanca
Today, we will travel from Marrakech to Rabat via Casablanca. The trip begins with a visit to the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca which is the second-largest mosque in Africa and the seventh-largest one in the world. After that, you drive to Rabat city. It is the official administrative capital city of the Kingdom of Morocco which overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. Then, you walk through the Oudaya Kasbah and visit the Hassan Tower which dates from the 12th century. Afterward, visit Chellah Tomb, which dates to the Phoenician era. When we visit all sites of this city, you have a night in Riad or Hotel.Driving distance Approximately 327 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 37 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Rabat.Meals Breakfast
- Day 6: Rabat to Chefchaouen
After breakfast at your accommodation in Rabat, we will drive northwards to explore an extremely different culture and lifestyle in Morocco. Chefchaouen, the blue pearl, is nestled at the feet of the Rif mountains by which the name Chaouen “Horns” has been adopted, because of the shape at the top of the mountains. It was founded in 1471 as a small fortress by Moulay Ali Ben Moussa. Chefchaouen fell under Spanish occupation and was emancipated in 1956. It's known as the blue city for its traditional buildings. We will enjoy walking to explore the white and blue-washed walls of the medina and the markets that offer some unique native handicrafts. Chefchaouen is a photographer's dream and it's easy to see why. Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Chefchaouen.Driving distance Approximately 254 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 00 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Chefchaouen.Meals Breakfast
- Day 7: Chefchaouen and drive to Fes via Volubilis and Meknes
After breakfast, we depart and drive through lush woodland to Fes via Volubilis and Meknes. We will make a stop to visit the Roman ruins at Volubilis; this 2nd-century archaeological site is well worth seeing with its triumphal arch, mosaics, and vast artifacts. Furthermore, you will keep your way to Moulay Idriss Zerhoun and Meknes city, it is an imperial city of the 17th century with historical and huge walls. It also offers beautiful sites to visit such as Bab El-Mansour, Sahrij Swani, the amazing square of El-Hedim, and Qara Prison. The lunch will be in Meknes. Then, we continue our journey to reach the medieval medina of Fes where you will be staying in a traditional riad or hotel.Driving distance Approximately 263 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 33 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 8: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt - Ziz Valley - Erfoud - Merzouga
We leave Fes after breakfast and start our journey to reach the Sahara Desert. The beautiful cedar forests, home to the Barbary Apes will be our first stop so you can see these indigenous wild animals. This region is called Little Switzerland because of its alpine architecture and in winter with the snow, it is very picturesque. We travel south and in Midelt we have a lunch break. The scenery changes drastically from forests to mountains, palm groves and gorges, and always the river flowing south. Erfoud is the mineral and fossil capital as the region is rich in these finds, there are museums and workshops making them into beautiful and functional items for the home. You will start to see the signs of the desert and the outline of the dunes will appear as we near the village of Merzouga. After arrival in the desert of Merzouga, you will enjoy the best desert adventure camel trekking around Erg Chebbi dunes, you will watch the stunning view of the sunset up the highest dune, and you may also try sandboarding. Then get back to your desert camp, where you will spend the night and enjoy a traditional dinner.Driving distance Approximately 470 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 30 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at a desert camp in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast
- Day 9: Merzouga Desert to Dades Valley via Todra Gorges
Today, after breakfast, we will start the trip to Dades Valley. Our first stop will be Rissani to visit its traditional market considered to be the largest in the whole of Southern Morocco. Then stop in Erfoud; It is one of the oldest known sites, where you can find precious and unique fossils. Afterward, we will continue our way to Touroug and then to Tinjdad and you will have time for lunch in one of the local restaurants in Touroug or Tinjdad. Then, we will continue towards our unique place which is the Todra Gorges. It's the highest and narrowest spectacular gorges in Morocco; 300 meters high and at their most narrow, are merely 20 meters apart. It is also recognized around the world as one of the most spectacular canyons. After a short walk around the immense cliffs and enjoying the amazing landscapes, we will drive to the Dades Valley, where you will enjoy the night with an authentic dinner in a riad/hotel.Driving distance Approximately 276 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 30 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Dades Valley.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 10: Dades Valley to Agadir via Ouarzazate, Taznakht and Taliouine
Today, we'll leave Dades gorges towards Agadir. However, before you head over to Agadir, you'll explore the best of Dades valley. Then you'll be traveling through the road of Thousand Kasbahs a spectacular drive winding through stunning desert landscapes, villages, and palm groves through the Dades Valley between the Atlas Mountains and Anti-Atlas Mountain range. The drive is spectacular, with hundreds of Kasbahs lining the route, winding through stunning desert landscapes, villages, palm groves, and the expansive Jebel Saghro lunar scape to the south. The touristic route is mostly asphalted offering a varied and impressive landscape on the kasbahs. The journey offers an exhilarating driving experience, with superb views. These proud monuments to Berber art are unique in the world. Then we will have a break to visit Kalaat M'Gouna (Valley of Roses) in this amazing place, you'll be able to purchase the products of rose, every year a rose festival is held in May. We continue the way to visit Amridil Kasbah in Skoura. Then, we continue to travel through Taznakht, Ouarzazate, Ait Benhaddou, and Taliouine to Agadir. We will stop for Ait Benhaddou Kasbah which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the large and most known place of all Moroccan kasbahs due to its appearance in several Hollywood blockbusters. By the evening, you'll be dropped off in your accommodation in Agadir.Driving distance Approximately 517 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 34 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Agadir.Meals Breakfast
- Day 11: Agadir - Airport Transfer
On this day we will transfer you to the airport according to your flight time. End of our services.
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 9 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.