2 days tour from Marrakech to Zagora desert
Below here is the program itinerary of 2 days tour from Marrakech to Zagora desert, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this Marrakech desert tour 2 days to Zagora?
Discover the kasbahs, Berber villages, valleys, and oases on this 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora. Travel through the Sahara desert of Zagora and enjoy an exhilarating High Atlas descent through the Berber villages. This Marrakech desert tour has been designed for the traveler eager to explore deep into the Sahara desert and who doesn't mind driving long hours. A wonderful short desert trip to begin your love affair with Morocco.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah.
- Camel riding in the Zagora desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars in Zagora.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert of Zagora - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Enjoy Oasis and Palm grove.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
2 Days Private Desert Tour from Marrakech to Zagora
How you will spend these 2 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco tour company suggests this tour itinerary for a 2-day tour with this day-to-day guide for your journey. The itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 2-day tour from Marrakech to Zagora desert
Traveling from Marrakech to Zagora Desert will be an experience of a lifetime for the traveler seeking to enjoy breathtaking views of Ouarzazate and Zagora. On Day 1, you are going to visit the perched Berber villages over the Atlas chain and the beauty of Ouarzazate. Your night will be in the desert camp in Zagora, gathering around the fire, sharing great moments and memories. On our way back to Marrakech and during the second day of this tour from Marrakech, you will notice Zagora is a marvelous, yet quiet city. This tour includes riding camels, visiting the village of Ait Benhaddou, and some known cinematographic locations.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Agdez - Zagora
The tour starts at 8 a.m. for the Zagora desert trip. The driver is going to pick you up from your Riad or hotel in Marrakech. The Ochre city is left behind us as the tour takes you south-east crossing many scattered and small villages on the way. About an hour later, we start to go up till we reach the series of the Atlas Mountains and its highest pass in the chain Tizi N'Tichka.
We will stop in one of the Tichka terraces to stretch our legs. You may like to grab a cup of coffee to wake up. We will cross several Berber villages again after the pass. When we arrive at Ouarzazate (90 kilometers from Tichka pass), the driver will stop to visit the Kasbah of Taourirt, and the museum of Cinema as Ouarzazate has 2 massive films studios where some of the big and great international experts of the cinema's industry were invited to work.
After we visit the Ouarzazate attractions, we will drive again for another 90 kilometers to reach Agdez and appreciate the view of its Palmeraie from a high point. After a couple of turns, we will take a little detour until we arrive at our lunch spot which is called "Kasbah" in Tamnougalt. There is a nice terrace in Kasbah which looks over a palm grove where you will feel the warmth of the sun.
After f lunch, our desert tour keeps going on till we reach the city of Zagora, where you will find the camels at the end of the paved road waiting to take you to the bivouac in the dunes to take some memorable pictures and to enjoy the majestic sunset.
Once you get to the bivouac of Zagora desert, you will be welcomed by the staff, given your pavilions, and gather for a welcome cup of hot mint tea. In the desert camp, the night has a clear sky and you can see the stars. After dinner, we will build a fire to sing and dance around into the night.Driving distance Approximately 356 kilometersEstimated driving duration 6 hr 19 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in desert camp.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Zagora - Draa Valley - Agdez - Ouarzazate - Tizi N'Tichka - Marrakech
Our second day of the Marrakech desert tour will start with an early breakfast. Waking up earlier gives you the chance to see the awesome view of the Zagora sunrise, and to take beautiful photos. Afterward, at the end of the paved road, you will ride back on camels to meet the car.
Then we are going to leave Zagora behind and drive back to the fortified village of Ait Benhaddou where we will have lunch. It is a UNESCO world heritage site. For many cinematographic enthusiasts, the village is known as a backdrop "The Gladiator" and "Lawrence of Arabia" are the most famous films shot here and there are even some scenes of the classic "Game of Thrones" that were shot in this village.
In addition, 7 families still live in the ancient village of Ait Benhaddou, while the rest have moved to the more modern and open-minded side of the village. Ksar Ait Benhaddou was the station where the caravans stop and travelling over the Ounila valley before the merchants go back to the desert.
There, they either exchange goods or pause to repose and have a break then carry on to Marrakech. They used to trade salt, silver, and slaves. We will take the road back to Marrakech, after visiting the Ksar of Ait Benhaddou, and we will arrive there at around 6 or 7 pm, where the driver is going to drop you at the place you chose. End of our services: 2 days desert trip from Marrakech to Zagora.Driving distance Approximately 355 kilometersEstimated driving duration 6 hr 15 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.