6 Days Morocco Itinerary Casablanca to Marrakech
Below here is the program itinerary of 6 days Morocco tour itinerary from Casablanca to Marrakech, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 6 days Morocco itinerary from Casablanca - desert?
Enter the world of ancient Morocco on this journey through the country's imperial cities; Rabat, Meknes, Fes, and Marrakech. Travel through the mountainous land of Berbers and to the edge of Africa where we relax in the tranquil village of Merzouga desert. Explore a wonderful world of mountains, markets, oases, Berber Villages, and Kasbahs on this 6 days Morocco itinerary from Casablanca.
- Daily departure is available.
- Imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez and Marrakech.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Explore the gorgeous town of Chefchaouen, discover its mountainous terrain.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Fez medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fes tannery.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Volubilis - Witness the glory of the Roman Empire and enjoy the beautiful mosaic in the ruined mansions.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best 6 days in Morocco Itinerary - 6 Day Tour Casablanca to Marrakech via Desert
How you will spend these 6 days in Morocco itinerary?
Days In Morocco tour company is at your disposal. This sample itinerary will give you an idea of how you will spend your 6 days in Morocco. It is a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 6 days Morocco itinerary from Casablanca
In this 6 day Morocco itinerary from Casablanca, you are going to explore the imperial cities of Morocco including Fes, Meknes, Rabat, and Marrakech. You will have the opportunity to experience the history, architecture, rich culture, and traditions of the region. Discover the generosity of Moroccans while visiting medieval medinas, monuments, Kasbahs, Hassan II Mosque, Mausalomes, and souks.
Once you reach Erg Chebbi desert before sunset, you'll ride camels into the dunes to your Berber desert camp to spend the night. Experience the Sahara desert at sunset when the sky explodes with stars and magnificent landscape.
This 6 days tour from Casablanca to Marrakech via Merzouga allows you to spend more time in the Sahara desert of Morocco. Explore the Merzouga area including a visit to Berber nomadic family, visit Oases of Tissardmine, enjoy Gnaoua music with Black people if Khamlia. We hope you enjoy this 6-day tour in Morocco.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Casablanca - Rabat - Volubilis - Meknes - Fes
Our driver/guide will meet you at the airport or at your accommodation in Casablanca. From there we will drive towards Fes, after visiting and exploring the main attractions of Casablanca. We will spend time in some interesting sites in Rabat such as the royal palace, the Hassan Tower, and the Mausoleum of Mohamed V. We will also visit the city of Meknes and the Roman ruins of Volubilis. We will continue our journey to Fes and spend the night at a Riad or hotel there.Driving distance Approximately 362 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 52 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 2: Fes Sightseeing Tour
Today is dedicated to visiting Fes, the oldest cultural and spiritual city in the world. The city was founded in 790 A.D by Moulay Idriss II. A local guide will walk you through Fes's intriguing sites and monuments including Al-Qarawiyyin University (the first established university in the world), Bou Inania Madrasa (theological colleges), the Jewish District (Millah), plazas, the Andaulisians, and potters neighbourhoods, museums, Souks (traditional markets), the amazing Tanneries, and Bab Boujloud.
Lunch will be at a typical Moroccan restaurant in the old Medina. Fes is also the artisan capital of Morocco. Your full-day trip of Fes includes a short visit to the famous ceramic factory, and then you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view of Medina of Fes. After the tour, we will drive you back to your riad or Hotel. Overnight in Fes.Driving distance NoneEstimated driving duration NoneAccommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga
After breakfast at your accommodation in Fes, we'll leave for Merzouga and the Sahara desert travelling through Ifrane (Switzerland of Morocco), and Cedar Forest, the largest woodland in Morocco where apes live. Afterwards, we'll stop in Midelt for lunch.
Our itinerary will continue to cross Tizi N'Talghamt and along the magnificent Ziz valley/gorge where we will stop to gaze upon the panoramic view of Ziz valley. Later on, we will continue the tour to Merzouga. After arriving at our next destination, we'll drop you off at your accommodation in Merzouga.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Sahara Desert sightseeing - Camel ride - Desert camp
Today is devoted to exploring the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the village surrounded. After breakfast, at your accommodation, the journey starts by visiting the nomads that still live-in Berber tents in the middle of the Sahara desert. Witness how they live and drink a cup of tea with them. Afterwards, we'll visit the small village of Khamilia where the Gnaoua people, you'll have firsthand experience with their music and lifestyle. Lunch with these nomadic people.
Later on, we go back to Merzouga, where we'll leave the car, and take the experience of camel trekking over the high sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi desert. You'll see the beautiful view of the sunset on top of a high dune, then we'll back to your desert camp where you are going to spend your night (the desert camp can be luxurious or standard your choice). After a delicious dinner, then it will be time to listen to Berber music by local nomads under the stars, and if you love dancing you can dance to the tunes of Barbarian music.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Merzouga desert - Rissani - Erfoud - Todra Gorges - Dades Gorges
Today, on the continuation of our 6-day desert tour from Casablanca to Marrakech, you'll wake up early to enjoy the beautiful sunrise over the amazing sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. Then, you'll take a camel ride back to your accommodation in Merzouga, you'll have the opportunity to take a shower and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
After that, we'll leave for Todra gorges, which are the highest and the narrowest gorge in Morocco through Rissani where we'll stop for a bit to visit its traditional market considered to be the largest in the whole of Southern Morocco.
After lunch in Todra gorges, we'll continue our day by heading to Dades Valley, where you'll see the majestic sand castles and the amazing rock formations known as "monkey toes". The night will be spent at a hotel or Riad overlooking the amazing Dades valley.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 07 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Dades Gorges - Skoura - Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - Marrakech
Finally, on the last day of these 6 days in Morocco, we'll leave Dades gorges towards Marrakech. However, before you head over to Marrakech, you'll explore the best of Dades valley. You'll be traveling through the Road of Thousand Kasbahs and have a break to visit Kalaat M'Gouna (Valley of Roses) in this amazing place, you'll be able to purchase the products of rose.
Then you are going to visit the Ouarzazate cinema's studio, where famous movies were shot. It's called Atlas Studio or Hollywood of Africa. Later on, we'll visit Ait Benhaddou where we'll visit its famous and oldest kasbah (declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986). Famous films have been shot in this spectacular place including "Gladiator", "Obelix", "The Mummy", "The Jewel of the Nile"...etc!
The lunch will be here in Ait Benhaddou Kasbah. Finally, we continue to travel through Tizi N'Tichka to Marrakech. It offers impressive views of valleys, mountains, and many Berber villages nearby.
By the evening, you'll be dropped off at your accommodation in Marrakech. This ends our services: 6 days Morocco itinerary from Casablanca to Marrakech via Merzouga desert.
We hope you enjoyed our company.Driving distance Approximately 334 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 41 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 4 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.