8 Days Morocco Tour from Casablanca to Marrakech, Desert
Below here is the program itinerary of 8 days tour from Casablanca to Marrakech, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 8 days tour from Casablanca to Marrakech?
Enjoy an 8 days Morocco tour Casablanca to Marrakech via Merzouga Sahara desert is one of the best itineraries in Morocco. The best trips, safer and more fun, also with the best deals you can ever get. This tour has been designed for the traveler eager to explore deep into the Morocco Sahara desert and who doesn't mind driving long hours. You will have an amazing time touring the Sahara desert of Merzouga, you will definitely not feel a drop of boredom. A dramatic change of landscape!
- Daily departure is available.
- Imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez and Marrakech.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Skoura.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Fez medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fes tannery.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Volubilis - Witness the glory of the Roman Empire and enjoy the beautiful mosaic in the ruined mansions.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best 8 Day Morocco Itinerary: 8 Days Tour from Casablanca
How you will spend these 8 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 8 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 8 days desert tour from Casablanca to Marrakech
On this 8 days Morocco tour from Casablanca to Marrakech via the Sahara desert, you will visit the village of Merzouga, nomads, and camel trekking in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. You will see the magnificent landscapes and explore new places such as the ancient Medina of Fez and Marrakech, Meknes, Rabat, and the Hassan II Mosque, we will travel through the beautiful High Atlas Mountains, the authentic Berber Villages, the Ziz Valley, Todra Gorges, Dades Valley and visit Ait Benhaddou's kasbah. With this experience, you will be completely satisfied and happy.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Casablanca - Rabat
On the first day, we'll pick you up from your accommodation or the airport to visit the Mosque of Hassan II, and then depart for Rabat. We will visit the monuments, the Oudayas Kasbah, Mohammed V's Mausoleum, and the Hassan Tower. Overnight in Rabat.Driving distance Approximately 87 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 10 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Rabat.Meals Breakfast
- Day 2: Rabat - Meknes - Volubilis - Fes
Today we leave Rabat city behind and head to Fes through Meknes, where we will stop for a visit to El Hedim Square, Bab El Mansour, the giant gate at the entrance to the ancient Medina before we drive to the best Roman ruins in Volubilis, which is the Oldest Roman post south of Morocco, where you can witness the glory of the Roman Empire and enjoy the beautiful mosaic in the ruined mansions, and then to Fes. Overnight at Riad or Hotel in Fes.Driving distance Approximately 275 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 50 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Fes guided tour - Full-day trip to visit Fez
Today is dedicated to visiting Fez's important sightseeing and monuments, the oldest cultural and spiritual city in the world. The city was founded in 790 A.C by Moulay Idriss II. Accompanied by a local guide. Fez has very interesting sites and monuments and sites including Al-Qarawiyyin University (the first established university in the world), Bou Inania Madrasa (theological colleges), the Jewish District (Millah), plazas, neighborhood Andaulisians, and potters, museums, Souks (traditional markets), the amazing Tanneries, and Bab Boujloud. Lunch will be at a typical Moroccan restaurant in the old Medina. Fez is also the artisan capital of Morocco. Your full-day trip of Fes includes a short visit to the famous ceramic factory, and then you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the whole Medina of Fes. After the tour, we drive you back to your riad or hotel. Overnight stay in Fes.Driving distance Approximately 20 kilometersEstimated driving duration 00 hr 35 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 4: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Ziz Valley - Merzouga
We'll pick you up from your Hotel or Riad then travel south through Ifrane (Morocco's Switzerland) to Azrou and then to the Middle Atlas Mountains to stop by cedar forest, you'll be able to take some interesting pictures with the Barbarian Apes. we'll continue the way via the Atlas Mountains enjoying the Midelt landscapes, after lunch, we'll continue our trip through the Ziz Valley to Erfoud, Rissani, and Merzouga desert. We'll be greeted with a cup of tea on our arrival. Overnight at the Riad or Hotel in Merzouga.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 23 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Discover Merzouga area - Visit Nomad Families - Camel Trek
Today is devoted to exploring the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the village surrounded. After breakfast, at your accommodation, the journey starts by visiting the nomads that still live-in Berber tents in the middle of the Sahara desert; see how they are living and drink a cup of tea with them. After that, we'll drive to Meffis mines to discover how they work there. Afterward, we'll visit the small village of Khamilia where the Gnaoua people, you'll have firsthand experience with their music and lifestyle. The lunch will be with these black peoples. Later on, we go back to Merzouga, where we'll leave the car, and take the experience of camel trekking over the high sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi desert, your local guides will show you how to mount and dismount and other handy camel-related safety tips. You'll see the beautiful view of the sunset on top of a high dune, then we'll back to your desert camp where you are going to spend your night. After a delicious dinner, time to listen to Berber music played by local nomads under stars, and if you love dancing you can dance on the tones of barbarian music.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 01 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Merzouga Desert - Erfoud - Todra Gorges - Dades Gorges
Before returning to your accommodation in Merzouga, you'll wake up early to witness the beautiful sunrise over the amazing sand dunes of Erg Chebbi, and cast various shadows and colors over the sea of sand dunes. Then, you'll take a camel ride back to your accommodation in Merzouga, you'll have the opportunity to take a shower and enjoy a delicious breakfast. Then we head to Rissani to visit its traditional market considered to be the largest in the whole of Southern Morocco. After that, we'll leave for spectacular Todra gorges which is the highest and the narrow gorge in Morocco, and stroll in its magnificent canyon, the lunch will be in a restaurant overlooking the valley. After lunch, we'll continue our day by heading to Dades Valley, where you'll see the majestic sand castles and the amazing rock formations known as "monkey toes". The night will be spent at a hotel or Riad overlooking the amazing Dades valley.Driving distance Approximately 274 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 04 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Dades Gorges.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 7: Dades Gorges - Skoura - Ouarzazate
We'll drive through the Dades Valley to Kalaat M'Gouna after breakfast at the accommodation and the path via the Dades Valley is the way of the thousands of kasbahs offering numerous and charming views. Then we'll travel through Kalaat M'Gouna, "The city of roses," which is known for growing rose water. Continuing to Skoura and its palm groves until reaching Ouarzazate, "The Hollywood of Africa" attracted many producers of world-class films. Before reaching your accommodation, we will visit the corporate studios of "Atlas Film". Overnight at the Riad or Hotel in Ouarzazate.Driving distance Approximately 133 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 08 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Ouarzazate.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 8: Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou Kasbah - Tizi N'Tichka - Marrakech
Finally, on the last day of this 8 days Morocco itinerary, we'll leave Ouarzazate towards Marrakech. Our journey today will include the visit of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, (UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1987) before driving to Marrakech via the majestic Tizi N'Tichka Pass (2260m) over the High Atlas Mountains, it offers impressive views of valleys, mountains, and many Berber villages nearby. By the evening, you'll be dropped off in your accommodation in Marrakech. End of our services: 8 days tour from Casablanca to Marrakech via Desert.
We hope that you enjoyed our company.Driving distance Approximately 194 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 39 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 6 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.