Best 3 Days Desert Tour from Fes to Merzouga
Below here is the program itinerary of 3 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 3 days from Fes to Merzouga desert tour?
This is a perfect tour for travelers who want to experience the sights and sounds of Morocco in a short time. The 3 days tour from Fes to Merzouga takes you on a desert trip from the sensory highs of Fes to the peaceful serenity of the Sahara desert. A wonderful trip to begin your love affair with Morocco.
- Daily departure is available.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
3 Days Desert Trip from Fes to Merzouga
How you will spend these 3 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 3 days in Morocco from Fes to Merzouga desert, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of Fes to Merzouga desert tour: 3 Days
You will have a wonderful 3 days desert tour from Fes to Merzouga & Erg Chebbi dunes, this private desert tour allows you to travel to the deep south of Morocco to the desert experience of camel trekking tour along the gorgeous dunes of Erg Chebbi to the middle of the desert to see the wonderful view of sunset up the highest the golden sand dunes to take pictures of the sunset. Then you will ride camels back to your desert camp (bivouac) where you will spend the night and have Berber dinner.
On this 3 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert, you will enjoy the sight of the middle Atlas, the cedar forest scenery and feed the apes, see the nomads living in tents on your way to the Sahara desert, drive via Ziz gorge and go over its Valley, explore how they work with fossils in Erfoud and more than that to taste the best quality of dates.
You will also discover the tiny villages of dunes like Khamlia, home of black musicians, visit nomad families, and explore fossil sites. As early as possible, try to register your seat in this 3 days/2 nights Sahara trip from Fes to Merzouga.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi
In the early morning, our driver is going to pick you up from your hotel in Fes and leave towards the south of Morocco. You'll stop for a short break in Ifrane, which is known as the small Switzerland of Morocco to enjoy its beauty and to have memorable pictures. Then, you'll head toward Azrou to see the monkeys within the cedar forest. We continue to Midelt city for a lunch meal in a restaurant.
In the afternoon, we will cross the Tiz N'Talghamt pass to reach Errachidia while admiring the views of Ziz gorges. Later on, you'll have a stop for a panoramic view of Ziz valley. The driver goes on to Erg Chebbi Dunes crossing by Aoufous and Erfoud, which is known through its fossils and dates, you may want to go to an area fossil craft workshop in Erfoud. Then, you'll still continue to the captivating dunes of Erg Chebbi, these dunes are called also Merzouga Dunes. Arrive at the hotel or riad where you'll have dinner and spend your first night.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Merzouga - Dunes tour in the Sahara desert (Nomad families) - Camel Trek
This morning after breakfast in the hotel or riad, you'll have a tour of the dunes in a very comfortable car or minivan allowing you to enjoy and visit a lot of places like the black volcanic rocks of marble fossils, nomad families who are living in a Berber tent, the Khamlia village as called the black desert which is famous through the entertainment of their spiritual music of Gnawa with black people, and the lake Dayate Sarji that forms in springtime which attracts pink flamingos and wildlife. Then you'll have a break lunch in Merzouga.
After your lunch, you will see the canal irrigation system and have a walk on the oasis located at the foot of the dunes. We continue on our journey to your hotel or riad to relax and get ready for a camel trek for an hour and a half to enjoy the sunset view. On the back of your dromedary, you'll head to the camp for an overnight in a traditional desert camp. Your dinner and the night will be in a bivouac.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Rissani - Aoufous - Midelt - Ifrane - Fes
On the last day of your Fes to Merzouga desert tour, you are going to wake up in the early morning to enjoy the stunning view of the sunrise on the top of the dune in the Sahara desert, then to have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you'll ride camels coming back to the hotel or riad where you can take a shower.
After that, you are going to start your journey coming back to Fes and of course, with stops in the way to take pictures to document your trip. We'll have lunch in Midelt. Later on, your driver will transfer you to Fes, and drop you off at the location you choose. End of our services: Fes to Merzouga 3 days desert tour.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 1-night accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.