Morocco in 3 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
Below here is the program itinerary of 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Fes, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this Marrakech to Fes desert tour 3 days?
This tour has been designed for the traveler eager to explore the kasbahs, Berber villages, Atlas Mountains, oases, and the Sahara desert of Merzouga. This is a perfect tour for travelers who want to experience the sights and sounds of Morocco in a short time. This 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Fes is for the traveler who doesn't mind driving long hours.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour 3 Days Itinerary
How you will spend these 3 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 3 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 3 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
Spending the 3 days tour from Marrakech to the Sahara Desert and finishing in Fes will be a wonderful experience that lets you explore the great part of the Moroccan south. On the first day, the trip allows you to see the Atlas Mountains and the famous kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, crossing perched Berber villages, and also to visit the city of Ouarzazate, then continue to Dades valley.
On the second day, before traveling to Merzouga, you are going to enjoy a short walk in Todra gorges, the 4 days desert tour from Marrakech to Fes includes riding camels toward the desert camp where you will spend your night enjoying the clear sky under the stars. On the last day of our tour head to Fes through different roads and cross many villages, the place of our break lunch in Midelt, then the driver will drop you off in Fes at your accommodation.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades valley
We will leave Marrakech at 08:00 Am and drive towards the High Atlas Mountains. There is a winding road that takes us on a very impressive and wonderful trip through verdant valleys and Berber villages, as it goes up to the highest pass in Morocco. Tizi N'Tichka stands at 2260 meters of altitude. We will stop for a coffee or mint tea, and to take some photos. In the afternoon, you will visit the famous set location for international directors and moviemakers which is called the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Benhaddou; in this Kasbah, many films have been made which was a very significant fortress and stronghold on the old Salt Road where caravans brought gold, slaves, ivory and salt in order to trade from the distant lands to Moroccan cities. Our tour continues to the city of Ouarzazate; which has several film studios and is known as the Hollywood of Africa. As we travel southeast in the direction of a thousand kasbahs, the landscape changes through Berber villages and towns on our way to the Dades Valley where we will spend our first night.Driving distance Approximately 331 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 45 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Dades Valley.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Dades Valley - Todra Gorge - Erfoud - Merzouga
The next morning, after your breakfast, we leave the Dades Valley and continue our tour towards the road that takes us to the Todra Gorge along the Dades Valley; which is considered the favorite and impressive canyon by international rock climbers. After the lunch break, we head towards the Sahara via the south. On the way, you will see a lot of attractions like a beautiful oasis, palm groves, landscapes, the old ruins and adobe kasbahs, and the relics of dinosaurs. The city of fossils is Erfoud as it was an ocean before, many fossils and minerals are found in the area and worked into beautiful pieces of furniture and decorative materials. The end of our route today is the sea of sand, and for the second night, the guide and your camel will be waiting in the Erg Chebbi dunes to take you to your desert camp across the high golden dunes of the Moroccan Sahara. You will be amazed at the view of stars above you, then, before you retire to your tent, your dinner will be served and local traditional music will be played to enjoy the quiet weather.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 00 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at a desert camp in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Ziz Valley - Midelt - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
After you wake early, you are going to explore the view of the sunrise which is the amazing part of the day in the desert, we will ride the camels going back to the accommodation where you will have the opportunity to take a shower and enjoy a delicious breakfast. Our trip today takes us to the Medina of Fes, on the way, we will stop to drink tea with a nomad family, our lunch place is Midelt, the famous town by its minerals and apples, and drive through the great Ziz Valley toward the north, Midelt city is overshadowed by Jbel Ayachi at 3737 meters and it sits at 1488 meters of altitude. In the late afternoon, we head to reach the city of Fes crossing the Middle Atlas mountains. End of our services: 3 days from Marrakech to Fes.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 4 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 1-night accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.