Best 5 Days Tour from Marrakech to Fes: Morocco Desert Trip
Below here is the program itinerary of 5 days tour from Marrakech to Fes, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this Morocco 5 days tour from Marrakech to Fes?
Marrakech and Fes are the major cities everyone visiting Morocco can't miss. Combining the Sahara desert with Fes and Marrakech will make your Morocco desert tour as rich as it can be. For that reason, and with increasing inquiries, we decided to suggest a 5 days desert trip from Marrakech to Fes for you to take advantage of and combine the Sahara desert with the two amazing cities of Marrakech and Fes.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Drive along the Valley of the roses & the road of 1000 Kasbahs.
- Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests to Fes.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Visit some deserted mines, Berber nomads who still living in the desert with their animals, and the oasis of palm trees.
- Visit the great Kasbah of Pasha Glaoui in Telouet.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Morocco 5 day tour from Marrakech to Fes Via Merzouga Desert
How you will spend these 5 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 5 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of Morocco in 5 days tour from Marrakech to Fes
From Marrakech to Fes, try to get the best 5-day/4-night desert tour to take you on a fantastic trip via the desert, this 5 days Morocco tour from Marrakech to Fes will show you the best landscapes and beautiful attractions that Morocco has to bring to its tourists such as the High Atlas Mountains, Old Kasbahs, Gorges, Middle Atlas Mountains and Canyons. We will drive through the Sahara desert of Morocco, riding camels on the Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga, enjoying the spectacular sunset view in the Desert, also visiting the Desert Villages, Nomadic Families, Cedar Forest, and Berber towns. On this trip of 5 days tour from Marrakech to the desert and Fes, you will have the opportunity to discover the Morocco Sahara and you will live as if you are from in the desert for a long time, and enjoying a memorable night under stars and clear sky in a luxury desert camp.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Skoura - Boumalene Dades
On the first day of 5 days tour itinerary in Morocco, the driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Marrakech and head toward Telouet Kasbah along the High Atlas mountains crossing the pass of Tizi N'Tichka (2260m in altitude), then we visit the great Kasbah of Pasha Glaoui in Telouet, we continue our way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ksar Ait Benhaddou over the Ounila valley with its Berber villages on our road. You will visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou before we continue our journey to Ouarzazate city, and we will take a break for lunch in Ait Benhaddou or Ouarzazate. After lunch in the afternoon, we continue our journey to Boumalne Dadas, where we will have dinner and overnight stay in Hotel or Riad.Driving distance Approximately 331 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 45 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Boumalene Dades - Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
After your breakfast in your accommodation, we drive back via the Dades valley to see the stunning rock formation "the monkey toes", and the Kasbah of Ait Yul 19th century that still standing. Leaving the Dades valley behind to reach Tinghir and the Todra valley, you'll see the panoramic sceneries of the ancient mud Berber villages overlooking the valley. Arriving at the Todra gorge you'll walk under the 300m high red cliff, where many rock-climbers come to enjoy their preferred sport. We continue our trip to Merzouga through Erfoud and Rissani where we'll have lunch, then we head to Merzouga village, before you check into your accommodation, you'll be welcomed with a glass of mint tea.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 3 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga Village.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Nomad Families - Black Desert - Merzouga (Camel Ride & Night in Desert)
After breakfast in your accommodation, you'll start your explorative trip of the region, you will visit the "village of the blacks Khamlia", originally slaves who come from Sudan to experience their music and lifestyle. Not far away there is the lake of Merzouga, with its bird populations, including flamingos. You may also like to visit the nomad wire house where many Berber handicrafts are priced lower than in the big cities. In the afternoon you will ride your camel, guided by an experienced Camel man, to explore inside the ambiguous sand-sea of the Erg Chebbi, and enjoy the amazing view of the sunset. You'll spend your night under the stars in a Berber camp, or if you prefer, in a traditional Berber nomad tent. Your dinner will be served in the tent where you will spend the night.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersAccommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga (desert camp).Estimated driving duration 1 hr 8 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Ziz Valley - Aoufous - Middle Atlas - Medilt
In the early morning, your camel guide will wake you up to watch the best sunrise view that you had ever seen in your life. Then you will trek the camelback to your accommodation in Merzouga. After your breakfast, you'll travel to Medilt through the towns of Rissani and Erfoud. In Rissani you will have the opportunity to walk within the original Souk, a variety of vegetables, spices, and dates; you will also see a lot of conversations; hooded men, and veiled women. Your journey will continue to Errachidia over the impressive Ziz valley of Er-Rich city, where you'll stop to enjoy the panoramic scenery along the Ziz canyon before continuing to Midelt, where we will spend our night.Driving distance Approximately 265 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 54 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Midelt.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Midelt - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
For the last day, after you finish breakfast in the accommodation Hotel or Riad, you will travel to Fes through Azrou, a Berber village in the Middle Atlas Mountains, we stop to see the Barbarian apes in the famous Cedar forest of Azrou. Then drive to Ifrane “The French village”, you will have the chance to take some pictures or a drink before heading into your accommodation in Fes. End of our services: 5 days tour from Marrakech to Fes via the desert.Driving distance Approximately 212 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 29 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- 3 nights stay at Hotel or Riad;
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.