One Week in Morocco: 7 Days Tour From Marrakech to Merzouga
Below here is the program itinerary of 7 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 7 days Morocco Itinerary from Marrakech to Merzouga?
Discover Morocco and enjoy the chance of making great photos while traveling with a 7 days Morocco tour from Marrakech to Merzouga. As you can remark, you travel into very different scenes. After the High Atlas mountain crossing, you start entering a more desert landscape, but with bits of palm groves and oases. The highlights of your excursion will unmistakably be Kasbah Ait Benhaddou. Obviously exceptional will also be Ouarzazate city, Sahara desert, Todra Gorges, Dades Gorges, and Erg Chebbi dunes.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- Marrakech - Discover Morocco's vibrant Red City, with its atmospheric medina and lively Djemma El-Fna Square.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
One Week Morocco Itinerary, 7-Day Tour From Marrakech to Merzouga desert
How you will spend this 7 days tour in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 7 days in Morocco itinerary, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 7 day Morocco tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert
7 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert is going to be an awesome week in Morocco, you will discover the Sahara desert of Morocco. This trip of one week in Morocco itinerary will allow you to experience beautiful views such as riding camels, visiting the great kasbahs crossing the High Atlas Mountains, living a Berber experience with nomads, Sandboarding, the sunset and sunrise over Erg Chebbi, and spending the night in the desert yurts. Seven days of the Marrakech desert tour is going to be an amazing week to explore the desert of Morocco. You will be completely pleased with this 7-day Marrakech tour experience and enjoy your time; there is more stuff involved in this trip.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech Arrival
In the early morning, our trip starts with our driver who will pick you up from your airport. On the first day of our 7 days Morocco itinerary from Marrakech to Merzouga desert, we will drive to your accommodation where you will spend the night and take a rest.Driving distance NoneEstimated driving duration NoneAccommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech at your accommodation.Meals None
- Day 2: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Kalaat M'Gouna - Dades Gorges
The next morning, we begin with a drive through Ouarzazate and several Berber villages that are known for the big palm trees, the Kasbahs, and the Ksours. Then we arrive at the Dades gorges where you will spend the second night.Driving distance Approximately 331 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 46 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Dades Gorges - Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
After your breakfast, we drive along the Dades Gorges before heading to Merzouga. We'll travel to the gorges of Todra, you will discover spectacular limestone river canyons with their beauty. We continue through the town of Tinejdad, Touroug, and Erfoud for a delicious Berber pizza of Medfouna. We go over the panoramic Ziz valley on our way to Merzouga Desert where we are going to spend the night.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 59 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Berber Families - Merzouga (Camel Ride & Night in Sahara)
Our tour starts in the morning, but today we are not leaving Merzouga. We'll rather visit the area along with the Khamlia village “Gnaoua”. we will meet Gnaoua people that are known for their unique type of music in which drums are considered as an essential tool for them to use. Experience climbing in the top of the camels to ride along with Erg Chebbi camp at the high dunes watching the sunset and getting ready to spend the night in the camp yurts.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 9 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Merzouga - Erfoud - Dades Gorges - Skoura - Ouarzazate
At the top of the high dunes, the sun rises and creates a fascinating view that deserves to wake up earlier. After your breakfast, you go with the camels to the hotel for a shower and then continue to Todra Gorges. There are spectacular limestone river canyons to explore and appreciate its beauty. Afterward, we carry on our tour to see the beauty of Dades Gorges, after we take lunch, we will drive through the oasis of Skoura, watch the palm trees and the surrounded Kasbahs that are over the oasis, finally on our arrival to Ouarzazate we will see the great Kasbah of Taourirt and the Atlas studios before spending the night at this Hollywood city of Morocco.Driving distance Approximately 369 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 15 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Ouarzazate.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - Tizi N'Tichka - Marrakech
In the morning we are going to leave Ouarzazate and head to see Ait Benhaddou village, which is an old and famous castle that was belonged to the Glaoui Pasha. This Kasbah was one of the multiple sites on the UNESCO World Heritage list because it represents a great example of a remaining historical spot. Then, through the High Atlas Mountains, we head to Marrakech, where the driver will pick you up wherever you want to go at the end of the tour.Driving distance Approximately 193 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 40 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 7: Marrakech - Transfer to the airport
After taking your breakfast, our professional driver will pick you up from your accommodation and transfer you to the airport to end up the trip. End of our services: 7 days Marrakech desert tour.Driving distance NoneEstimated driving duration None
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- 5 nights stay at Hotel or Riad;
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.