5 Days In Morocco: 5 Days Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
Below here is the program itinerary of 5 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 5 days Morocco tour from Marrakech to Merzouga?
This 5 days in Morocco, Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour has been designed for the traveler eager to explore deep into the Morocco Sahara desert and who doesn't mind driving long hours. You will have an amazing time touring the desert and Merzouga, you will definitely not feel a drop of boredom. A dramatic change of landscape! A wonderful desert trip to begin your love affair with Morocco.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best 5 Days in Morocco - Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour
How you will spend this 5 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 5 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 5 days Morocco Morocco from Marrakech to Merzouga
You will have a great experience in this 5 days/4 nights tour from Marrakech to Merzouga crossing Tizi N'Tichka in the High Atlas, passing through the breathtaking landscapes of the Dades Valley and its impressive Gorges, spend a night camel trek in the desert and share a cup of tea with a nomad family, visit Ouarzazate and its studios, the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou declared UNESCO World Heritage Site. Also, you will explore the Sahara desert in a popular 4x4 private tour from Marrakech to Merzouga, then we visit Dades and Merzouga. Tour finishes in Marrakech.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Skoura - Boumalene Dades
We will pick you up from your hotel/riad or airport and start our journey from Marrakech to Dades Gorges. Crossing the pass of Tizi N'Tichka Atlas, with far-reaching views across the mountains, towards the traditional High Atlas Berber village of Telouet.
Then we continue to Ait Benhaddou to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, a spectacular fortified village. We will have lunch at Ait Benhaddou or Ouarzazate and continue to Dades valley, we will spend the night in a Riad/Hotel in the Dades Gorges.Driving distance Approximately 331 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 45 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Boumalene Dades - Tinghir - Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
On the second day, after breakfast, we travel from Dades to Todra gorges, and Tenghir towards the Sahara desert of Merzouga, Berber villages are scattered along the way. We'll pass through the Tinjdad city, Jorf, and Erfoud where we'll feel the air of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet, then we continue to Merzouga, overnight in a Riad/Hotel near the dunes.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 3 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga village.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Nomad Families - Black Desert - Merzouga (Camel Ride & Night in Desert)
After your breakfast at the Hotel/Riad, there are many options that are available for you. First, you may go to explore the Merzouga's neighboring villages like Hassi Labied and Khamlia where you can hear the black musicians from Gnaoua. Second, you may also enjoy an off-road drive around the dunes of Erg Chebbi, you will have Berber pizza for lunch with a nomad family and see how they are living in tents in the desert.
In the afternoon we will ride the camels to enjoy and take pictures of the sunset over the dunes and spend the night in the desert camp. At dinner, we will have a traditional tagine, drink delicious mint tea, listen to traditional Berber music while watching the stars, and the rising moon in the amazing Sahara desert.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 8 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga (desert camp).Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Rissani - Alnif - Nkob - Agdz - Ouarzazate
In the early morning departure on the private comfortable car via Rissani (Alaouite dynasty cradle) and the huge mountain of Bougafer. Our lunch place will be in NKob, the first village on the way. Afternoon excursion on the 1000 kasbahs road (alongside the trail to enjoy the best part of Draa valley). In the late evening, we will arrive in Ouarzazate city. The dinner and overnight in the hotel or riad in Ouarzazate.Driving distance Approximately 369 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 9 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Ouarzazate.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Ouarzazate - Telouet Kasbah - High Atlas Mountains - Marrakech
Leaving Ouarzazate in the morning towards Marrakech, we will visit the majestic Atlas Mountains. Crossing the series of High Atlas Mountains through the highest road pass in Morocco, Tizi N'Tichka (2260m in altitude), offering impressive views of valleys, mountains, and many Berber villages nearby. In the evening, we arrive at Marrakech. End of our services: 5 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert.Driving distance Approximately 204 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 2 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 3 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.