10 Days Morocco tour from Fes to Marrakech & Merzouga Desert
Below here is the program itinerary of 10 days tour from Fes to Marrakech, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 10 days tour from Fes to Marrakech?
Adventure into the Sahara desert on this 10 days tour from Fes to Marrakech. After wandering the medinas of Fes, and enjoying the beauty of the Middle Atlas Mountains, you'll embark on a camel trek into the Sahara desert of Erg Chebbi. Traverse the Dades Valley, taking in the impressive gorges and other landscapes via hikes and guided tours, visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, and discover the coastal city of Essaouira before you wrap it up amid the bustle of Marrakech.
- Daily departure is available.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- Imperial cities of Fez and Marrakech.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Marrakech - Discover Morocco's vibrant Red City, with its atmospheric medina and lively Djemma El-Fna Square.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Fez medina guided tour including artisans' quarter and Fes tannery.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Relax in the charming fishing port of Essaouira.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best 10 Day Morocco Itinerary: Fes to Marrakech Desert Trip
How you will spend these 10 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 10 days in Morocco Itinerary, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 10 days Morocco Itinerary from Fes to Marrakech
Morocco is a fantastic country to relax, unwind, and discover a new culture and history. It's one of the rarest countries in the world that offer different vibes, depending on where you are.
If you're planning a trip to Morocco, you're likely a bit overwhelmed with the options. This Morocco itinerary of 10 days tour from Fes to Marrakech gives you the opportunity to spend 10 days in Morocco how you wish. This tour will allow you to relax, and hike in the Atlas Mountains, visit multiple Moroccan cities with completely different vibes and themes, spend two nights in the Sahara desert, visit several UNESCO World heritage sites. In addition to that this tour will give you the chance to visit and discover the great kasbahs, Oasis, the valley of Ziz, visiting the Berber Villages and Nomad families, visit Jamaa El-Fna which is a famous place in Marrakech, and more. The end of the tour will be in Marrakech, and we hope to see you again.
Follow this 10-day Morocco route, to include all the amazing highlights of this wonderful country!
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Arrival at Fes airport - Transfer to your accommodation
On the first day of Fes to Marrakech desert tour 10-day itinerary, upon your arrival at Fes, the driver/guide on your trip will wait for you at the airport to pick you up to your accommodation.
After that, we'll visit Fes city, and explore the old Medina of Fez, depending on the time of arrival. You'll be served dinner and spend the overnight at a local Riad or hotel.Driving distance NoneEstimated driving duration NoneAccommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals None
- Day 2: Fes sightseeing escorted by an official local guide
Today is programmed to visit and explore Fez city. It is the first founded imperial city in Morocco by Idriss I in the 12th-century. It served as Morocco's capital in the era of Almohad's. Fez has very interesting sites and monuments and sites including Al-Qarawiyyin University (the first established university in the world), Bou Inania Madrasa (theological colleges), the Jewish District (Mellah), plazas, neighborhood Andaulisians, and potters, museums, Souks (traditional markets), and Bab Boujloud.
Fez is also the artisan capital of Morocco. Your full-day trip of Fes includes a short visit to the famous ceramic factory, and then you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view over the whole Medina of Fes. Overnight stay in Fes at Hotel or Riad.Driving distance NoneEstimated driving duration NoneAccommodation Overnight stay in Fes.Meals Breakfast
- Day 3: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Medalt - Ziz valley - Merzouga
After breakfast at your accommodation in Fes, the journey starts toward Merzouga by leaving Fes. Today the itinerary goes through the beautiful city of Ifrane (Switzerland of Morocco). Then cross the Cedar Forest of Azrou after that.
It is the largest wood-land in Morocco. The way to Merzouga desert has to go through the amazing range of Atlas Mountains before we arrive at Errachidia and its Berber villages. From this point, you'll begin to feel the Sahara Desert by seeing the first large palm trees in Ziz valley. Traveling through the oasis of Ziz we'll reach Erfoud. Erfoud is where the fossils are produced. The journey continues until you arrive at the destination. After reaching Merzouga village, you'll spend overnight at the hotel or riad.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga area - Erg Chebbi sightseeing - Camel trek - Desert camp
Today is devoted to exploring the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the village surrounded. After breakfast, at your accommodation, the journey starts by visiting the nomads that still live-in Berber tents in the middle of the Sahara desert; see how they are living and drink a cup of tea with them. Afterward, we continue our way to visit old mines that once used to be exploited by the French.
Later, we'll visit the small village of Khamilia where Gnaoua people, and you'll enjoy listing to their Gnaoua music, the lunch will be in a restaurant in this small village. After that, back to Merzouga where we'll leave the car, and take the experience of camel trekking over the high sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi desert. You'll see the beautiful view of the sunset on top of a high dune, then we'll back to your desert camp where you are going to spend your night.
After a delicious dinner, time to listen to Berber music played by local nomads under stars, and if you love dancing you can dance on the tones of barbarian music.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Merzouga Desert - Rissani - Erfoud - Todra Gorge - Dades Gorges
Today, we'll leave Merzouga toward Rissani. It was before a commercial focal where caravans used to come for trading from different places.
After that, our day proceeds with visiting Tinghir where the astonishing oases. We resume our journey by heading to Todra gorges where the highest and narrowest gorges in Morocco.
Here, you'll enjoy taking a walking alongside the wonderful Todra river. Leaving Todra gorges, we'll head to the town of Boumalne Dades, then continue the way to Dades Gorges, where you'll see the majestic sand castles and the amazing rock formations known as “monkey toes”. The night will be in Dades gorges at a hotel or Riad.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 07 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Dades Gorges - Kalaat M'Gouna - Skoura - Kasbah Amridil - Ouarzazate
After breakfast at your accommodation. the journey starts toward Ouarzazate by leaving Dades valley. The road through Dades Valley is the way of the thousand Kasbahs - providing numerous opportunities to take some of your best photographic shots of the trip.
The program of today includes visiting Kalaat M'Gouna “The Roses Valley”, you'll have the chance to purchase the products of rose (Soap, Shampoo, Hair serum, cream...etc). The journey continues to visit the Kasbah of Amridil Skoura. Then we go toward Ouarzazate, we'll arrive in the evening, the night will be at a Riad or Hotel.Driving distance Approximately 133 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 8 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Ouarzazate.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 7: Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou Kasbah - Tizi N'Tichka - Marrakech
After breakfast at your accommodation. The journey starts toward Marrakech by leaving Ouarzazate. The program of today includes visiting the famous Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou (declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1986). Famous films have been shot on this spectacular Kasbah, including "Gladiator", "Obelix", "The Mummy", "The Jewel Of The Nile"...etc!
The journey continues to visit the Kasbah of Telouet. Then we go toward Marrakech through the highest pass in Morocco, called Tizi N'Tichka (2260 meters in altitude). We'll enjoy beautiful landscapes from the viewpoints on the way and make some stops to take pictures of the Berber villages. We'll arrive in Marrakech in the evening at about 6 PM, the night will be at a Riad or Hotel.Driving distance Approximately 194 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 39 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 8: Day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira and Back
After breakfast in your accommodation, we start traveling to the coastal city of Essaouira from Marrakech. Getting there after 2 hours and a half-hour drive to start exploring the city of Essaouira. Walk through the alleys of the Medina and view hundreds of handicrafts. This “City of the Wind” attracts surfers from all over the world. Essaouira knew many civilizations - including the Portuguese occupation, which affects much of its architecture - however, it remains a small village with much history.
Because of its size and its characteristic blue doors and washed walls, it's also regarded as Morocco's “Jewel of the Atlantic”. Also, we'll visit the women's co-operative of Argan oil. Here they extract the oil that is famous for its culinary, cosmetic, and medicinal properties. The lunch will be in the Medina or in the port. In the afternoon we'll travel back to Marrakech. Overnight at riad or hotel.Driving distance Approximately 369 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 25 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 9: Marrakech sightseeing escorted by an official local guide
Today's devoted to visiting Marrakech (called Morocco Red City). The journey begins after having breakfast at your accommodation. It's nicknamed the Red City because of the color of its great walls. The journey of visiting Marrakech includes the Menara, the Saadian Tombs, the Bahia Palace, the Koutoubia Mosque, the Majorelle Gardens, and the Souks.
In Marrakech, you'll also have the opportunity to visit the square of Jamma El-Fna. In this large square, visitors see attend dancers, storytellers, jugglers, artisans, and snake charmers perform to entertain. The overnight is at the Riad or Hotel in Marrakech.Driving distance NoneEstimated driving duration NoneAccommodation Overnight stay in Marrakech.Meals Breakfast
- Day 10: Marrakech - Transfer to the airport
You'll enjoy a completely free time before we drive you to the airport depending on the flight time. End of our services: 10 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Marrakech.Driving distance Transfer to the airportEstimated driving duration NoneMeals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 8 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.