Morocco in 5 Days Tour from Fes to Marrakech - Desert
Below here is the program itinerary of 5 days tour from Fes to Marrakech, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Marrakech?
Discover the highlights of captivating Morocco on this fast-paced, adventurous trip of 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Marrakech. From the iconic imperial city of Fez to the golden sand dunes of Erg Chebbi and the friendly Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains.
- Daily departure is available.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Fes - Explore the vibrant souks and exhilarating atmosphere of this imperial city.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best 5 Days Tour in Morocco: Fes to Marrakech 5 days Desert Tour
How you will spend these 5 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 5 days in Morocco itinerary from Fes to Marrakech and Sahara desert, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Marrakech
On this 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Marrakech through the Sahara desert, you will spend the best 5 days in Morocco and have a great opportunity to see the most beautiful valley of Ziz, as well as the Todra gorges, Tizi N'Tichka, and Dades gorges, and you will also enjoy the Middle Atlas Mountains through Azrou where we can take a short time to take pictures with apes.
Then this 5 days desert trip from Fes to Marrakech will take you to Merzouga Sahara desert where you'll try the experience of the desert by a ride on camels in Erg Chebbi dunes and watch the view of the sunrise and sunset from up the dunes. In addition, you can visit the biggest movie studios in Ouarzazate, then visit the popular kasbah in the village of Ait Benhaddou. Finally, in the heart of the High Atlas Mountains, enjoy the unique Berber villages.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi
In the early morning for the first day in your 5 days Morocco itinerary, we are going to leave Fes to the southeast, then we travel via the heart of the Middle Atlas Mountains to Ifrane which is known as "Switzerland of Morocco" because of its similarity to a Swiss ski resort. Then, we head to the largest cedar forest in North Africa and the home of barbary monkeys, time to give them food and take some photos with them. We continue south crossing through Berber villages, countryside, and see nomadic shepherds with their flocks spread out in the terrain.
In the middle of the way, we'll stop for lunch in Midelt. Our first day of 5 days from Fes to Marrakech through the desert of Morocco, will take us via the pass of Tizi N'Talghmt, then to Ziz gorge, before we get to the Sahara desert, we'll stop for some panoramic sceneries to the impressive hidden oasis of Ziz valley filled with palm trees and mud villages. In the late afternoon, we'll get to the Sahara desert, your first overnight will be in the desert, at a hotel or riad.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Merzouga - Erg Chebbi desert sightseeing - Camel ride - Desert camp
After your breakfast at your accommodation in Merzouga or Hasslabied, we'll begin our desert excursion for a half-day in the Sahara desert. Our driver will take you to visit nomads that still live in Berber tents in the middle of the Sahara desert; see how they are living and drink a cup of tea with them. Afterward, we continue our way to visit old mines that once used to be exploited by the French.
Later, we'll visit the Khamlia village which is the home of black Berber people who are descendants from Sudan, Mali, we'll have the opportunity to listen to their Gnaoua music and have lunch in the town. Before riding camels; we'll see an oasis on the edge of the Sahara desert. After you take a rest in your hotel or riad.
Then you take the luggage that you will need for your night in the desert camp. After that, you'll start the experience of camel trekking over the high sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi desert. You'll see the beautiful view of the sunset on top of a high dune, then we'll back to your desert camp where you are going to spend your second night (the desert camp can be luxurious or standard as your choice). After a delicious dinner, time to listen to Berber music played by local nomads under stars, and if you love dancing you can dance on the tones of barbarian music.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Rissani - Erfoud - Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
On the third day, you'll wake up in the early morning to see the sunrise view. Then ride back the camels to the hotel or riad where you'll meet your driver. We set off west via the Rissani city. Once a major stop for trade-caravans across and from Morocco to neighboring countries. If it is coincidence day markets will take place every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, we will visit the largest souk in the region.
Then, we continue to Erfoud, the town of fossils, drive-by Atlas Mountains, and towns towards the valley of Todra; a fertile green valley surrounded by old mud villages. We'll have lunch in the town, then drive around 15 kilometers, we get to Todra gorges; a corridor rising dramatically up to 300m with vertical cliffs and water streaming from natural springs, time to enjoy it.
Later, we'll go through the Dades Valley, where you'll see the spectacular sandcastles and the astonishing rock formations known locally as “monkey toes”. You will spend the night in a hotel or riad overlooking the valley of Dades.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 7 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Dades Valley.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Dades Valley - Boutghrar - Rose valley - Skoura - Ouarzazate
This morning, after breakfast, we leave for Ouarzazate through Boutghrar, Skoura, and Rose valley. We start our trip by visiting the snaky road - the backdrop for so many car advertisements and the Dades gorges with its impressive rock formations.
We travel via the off-road to Boutghrar, a place where nature and colors meet, the path will lead us to visit the nomad's families who are living in caves and drink a cup of tea with them. We continue to Kalaat M'Gouna (Roses Town) where locals pick over 400 tons of rose petals that are processed into rosewater, cremes, and perfumes in local cooperatives. A festival is held every May here.
Time to enjoy your lunch in the town. Then, we take the road of thousand kasbahs to Skoura which is home to the most beautiful kasbahs in Morocco, we visit the 17th century Kasbah of Amridil, drive in the oasis of Skoura towards Ouarzazate. Dinner and overnight in a hotel or riad in Ouarzazate.Driving distance Approximately 133 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 8 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Ouarzazate.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou Kasbah - Tizi N'Tichka - Marrakech
Today, we start our journey by visiting the biggest cinema studios of "Hollywood of Africa", Ouarzazate where so many movies were filmed such as "Games Of Thrones", "Lawrance Of Arabia", "Gladiator"...etc! Ouarzazate is also home to the biggest solar power station in Africa and is famous for its handicrafts (wooden gates, silver, rugs...).
Later, we head to visit the famous kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, the UNESCO world heritage site, where many international movies were filmed. Your adventure will continue through the breathtaking Tizi N'Tichka pass (2260 meters high) along the High Atlas Mountains where you'll admire the special Berber villages before arriving at your accommodation in Marrakech. Our driver will make sure to drop you off at your accommodation we have covered that don't worry. End of our services: 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Marrakech via desert.Driving distance Approximately 194 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 40 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- 3 nights stay at Hotel or Riad;
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.