4 days tour from Agadir to Merzouga Desert
Below here is the program itinerary of 4 days tour from Agadir to Merzouga desert, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 4 days tour from Agadir to Merzouga?
These 4 days desert tour starts in Agadir and ends in Agadir, taking you through Taroudant, Taliouine, Ouarzazate, Merzouga Dunes, Ait Benhaddou Site, Todra Gorges, and other beautiful destinations in Morocco. Explore a vast territory and extraordinary landscapes, fertile plains such as High Atlas Mountains, massive valleys, charming oases, and spectacular and colorful views. Explore the impressive old Saharan tribe's presence and history. This trip is a perfect blend of history, culture, and adventure - this is an essential adventure through Morocco that you can't miss!
- Daily departure is available.
- Ouarzazate: Explore this popular filmmaking location, which is also famous for its preserved Kasbahs and for being a perfect starting point for discovering the desert.
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, a perfect example of Moroccan clay architecture & UNESCO heritage site.
- Stop in Taliouine (the only saffron growing area in Morocco) and visit the Saffron cooperative, with a brief visit to the Glaoui Kasbah.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars in Merzouga.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert of Merzouga - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- Stop in Erfoud the town of Fossils, known for its date festival and fossil mining.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Taroudant: Catch a glimpse of the charming "little Marrakech" known for its craftsmen, nice carpets, and leatherwork.
- Admire the beautiful sand dunes of Erg Chebbi.
4 Days Desert Trip from Agadir to Merzouga
How you will spend these 4 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco tour company suggests this tour itinerary for a 4 days tour with this day-to-day guide for your journey. The itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 4-day tour from Agadir to Merzouga desert
These 4 days desert trip from Agadir is for visitors who fly to Agadir and still want to get a taste of the Sahara Desert including the famous Todra gorges, Dades Valley, Berber villages, the kasbahs, and the Valley of Draa. Also, you will have a visit to the Atlas Studio in Ouarzazate. For sure the top highlight of this desert tour is the 'Camel trekking experience at the Erg Chebbi dunes'. This is without a doubt a dream journey and a magnificent experience that will stay in your memory for years to come.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Agadir - Taroudant - Taliouine - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
Departure at 07:00 a.m. from your accommodation in Agadir, crossing by Taroudant, which is known as small Marrakesh then a brief visit of the city walls and the Medina. Afterward, drive to Taliouine (the only saffron growing area in Morocco) and visit the Saffron cooperative with a brief visit to the Glaoui Kasbah. Then continue to Taznakht. Lunch and visit the carpet factory. From here drive to Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, the most famous kasbahs in Morocco and is a UNESCO World Heritage site, where famous movies were filmed such as "Gladiator", "Lawrance of Arabia", "The Mummy", "Game of Thrones". After the visit head to Ouarzazate for dinner and overnight.Driving distance Approximately 376 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 45 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Ouarzazate.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Ouarzazate - Rose Valley - Todra gorges - Merzouga Desert
Today at about 8:00 a.m. after breakfast in Ouarzazate, we drive crossing the Rose valley, and Dades valley to Todra gorges. Where we stop to have a little walk in these beautiful gorges followed by lunch. Then, our desert trip continues to the dunes of Erg Chebbi desert, where you will have a camel ride experience to reach the dunes of Erg Chebbi. From the top of the dunes, the sunset is spectacular. Overnight and dinner in a nice desert camp.Driving distance Approximately 405 kilometersEstimated driving duration 6 hr 08 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at a desert camp in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga Desert - Rissani - Alnif - Agdz
At the camp, they will tell you what time you have to wake up to see the amazing sunrise from the dunes when the color of the dunes and the play of shadows are an awesome sight. Then return to the camp for a shower, and after having breakfast. We drive from Merzouga to the Draa valley (the largest valley in Morocco) crossing Rissani, Alnif, and Nkob. Then you will reach Agdz for dinner and overnight.Driving distance Approximately 300 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 10 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay at hotel/riad in Agdz.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Agdz - Tazenakht - Taliouine - Agadir
Today after breakfast in Agdz, we leave Agdz to Agadir via Taznakht, famous for its Berber rugs and carpets. On the way, we follow beautiful landscapes and the Bouazzer mines. This is a secluded part of the country and more off the beaten track. Later, we continue to Agadir, crossing the Tizi N'Ikhsane and Tizi N'Tighatine passes. We stop to have lunch in Taliouine, the heart of the saffron growing area of Morocco, where there is an excellent little museum about the art of growing saffron.
After lunch, the road takes you to Taroudant again and follows the often-dry Souss River and innumerous argan trees on all the slopes of the hillsides back to Agadir, which we reach by the evening. Drop you off at your accommodation, here our services get to end.Driving distance Approximately 360 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 20 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 2 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.