3 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
Below here is the program itinerary of 3 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga?
Discover the kasbahs, Berber villages, and cool palm groves of Skoura valley on this 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga. Travel through the Sahara desert and enjoy an exhilarating High Atlas descent through the Berber heartland.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Marrakech - Discover Morocco's vibrant Red City, with its atmospheric medina and lively Djemma El-Fna Square.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
3 days Sahara Desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
How you will spend these 3 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 3 days in Morocco, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 3 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert
The 3-day tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert will be the best choice for you to enjoy many things in Morocco. On the first day, we will drive to the High Atlas Mountains over Tizi N'Tichka Pass, and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah, then our lunch spot at one of the restaurants will be in the foothills of the Kasbah, your first night will be at the Gorges of Dades.
On the second day, you will stroll via the oasis to the great Todra Gorge, our lunch break will be in one of the local restaurants. We will visit the town of Rissani in the afternoon and continue our journey to Merzouga desert, your second night will be at the Erg Chebbi.
On the third day, you will wake up early in the morning to see and enjoy the sunrise view of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga over the highest dunes, then you will have breakfast at the camp, your driver will drive back through Tazarine, N'Kob, Draa valley, Agdez, and Ouarzazate, then go back to Marrakech.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Gorges
On the first day, the 3 day Marrakech desert tour starts at 08:00 AM. Our driver will pick you up from Marrakech to Merzouga desert. We will travel to the High Atlas over the pass of Tizi N'Tichka with far-reaching views crossing the mountains to the traditional Berber villages in the High Atlas.
We are going to visit the UNESCO World Heritage location. The Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou is the large and most known place of all Moroccan kasbahs due to its appearance in several Hollywood blockbusters.
Then, our lunch place will be in the foothills of the Kasbahs at one of the restaurants. After the break lunch, our tour keeps going on to reach the Dades Valley, where you will spend your night in a very comfortable guesthouse involving personal rooms with douche, and enjoying the Moroccan traditional meal in the evening and dinner.Driving distance Approximately 331 kilometersEstimated driving duration 5 hr 45 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Dades Valley.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Dades Valley - Todra Gorge - Erfoud - Merzouga Dunes - Erg Chebbi
After finishing your breakfast at the hotel, you will leave back your minivan aboard and travel out to nearby Tinghir along the famous "Road of 1000 Kasbahs". Then strolling to the great Todra Gorge through the oasis, in that place, you will see a very deep crevasse in the orange limestone that provide amazing views, our lunch break will be in one of the local cafes.
In the afternoon, we will visit the town of Rissani and Continue our trip to Merzouga, a small village sitting on the boundaries of the Sahara desert. You will meet your camel caravan and see them slowly moving of the sun toward the afternoon sky.
Afterward, you set off across your camp in the heart of the desert to reach the Erg Chebbi. Before going to bed, you will enjoy dinner and an evening under the stars with traditional music to entertain you.Driving distance Approximately 264 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 59 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in desert camp.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Rissani - Alnif - N'Kob - Ouarzazate - Marrakech
For the last day of this Marrakech desert tour, you'll wake up in the early morning to see and enjoy the sunrise view of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga over the highest dunes which is considered as one of the great moments of the desert, thereafter, you are going to have breakfast in the camp, after you finish packing you have the choice to go back either on camels or by the 4x4 car, leaving the dunes behind to start your way back to Marrakech.
The driver will drive back over the asphalt roads to Marrakech through Tazarine, N'Kob, Agdez, and Ouarzazate, we will have a break time for lunch in Ouarzazate and stop to take some memorable pictures in front of the famous Taourirt Kasbah.
Then, on our road back to Marrakech, your experience of the Merzouga Sahara desert ends. Passing by the high Atlas Mountains and the Berber villages existing between Ouarzazate and Marrakech where your driver drops you off in your location. End of our services: 3 days tour from Marrakech to Merzouga desert.Driving distance Approximately 560 kilometersEstimated driving duration 8 hr 38 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 1-night accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.