The Best 6 days in Morocco - Marrakech to Fes desert tour
Below here is the program itinerary of 6 days tour from Marrakech to Fes, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 6-day Morocco tour from Marrakech to Fes?
This is a perfect tour for travelers who want to experience the sights and sounds of Morocco in a short time. The 6 days tour in Morocco from Marrakech to Fes takes you on a desert trip from the High Atlas Mountains to the peaceful serenity of the Sahara desert. With this itinerary, you will explore a wonderful world of mountains, markets, oases, Berber Villages, and Kasbahs. A wonderful trip to begin your love affair with Morocco.
- Daily departure is available.
- The Atlas Mountains magnificent scenery.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah.
- Take a stroll through the breathtaking Dades gorges.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- Thrilling descent - Enjoy a scenic descent from the stunning High Atlas mountain pass of Tizi N'Tichka.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Draa valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Walk from a remote Berber community into the magnificent and inspiring High Atlas Mountains.
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa.
- Ouarzazate - The Hollywood of Morocco, explore the Atlas Cinema Studio: World's largest film studio, where visitors tour the decaying sets that litter the harsh desert environment.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
6-Day Morocco Itinerary from Marrakech to Fes - Best Morocco desert tour
How you will spend these 6 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 6 days in Morocco itinerary, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 6 day Morocco tour from Marrakech to Fes
Traveling to Morocco through Marrakech to Fes is going to be the best choice for you to spend a great 6 days tour guided completely by a very comfortable 4x4 car. You will travel through the ranges of the Atlas Mountains to the south of the country, meet real Berber nomadic families, do camel trekking in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, and sleep in a campsite.
Through the desert and the great south of Morocco, during the 6-day tour from Marrakech to Fes, you will enjoy a lifetime camel trek, the sunset scenery over the dunes of Merzouga and the stunning desert of Morocco, and the tour will encourage you to visit the beautiful landscapes of the Middle Atlas Mountains and Ziz Valley, then end the tour with a sightseeing trip in Fez. You will visit the great and ancient Kasbahs, the Todra Gorges, and the Dades, and spend the night in a desert camp.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Marrakech - High Atlas Mountains - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
After meeting you at your accommodation, we will pick you up and drive across the Tizi N'Tichka Pass towards Ouarzazate (2260 meters in altitude). We stopover to take some memorable pictures and enjoy the panoramic views of the mountains of the High Atlas along with the Berber villages next to the road.
You'll have a lunch break on the way, too. We will then continue our tour to visit the village of Ait Benhaddou, where you will see the exotic Kasbah named after it. This Kasbah is situated on a hill over the fertile Ounila River; due to its position in hosting many films, it becomes a known village such as "The Man Who Would Be King", "Jewel of the Nile", "Jesus of Nazareth", "The Mummy", "Gladiator", "Lawrence of Arabia", and "The Message". Then we head towards the city of Ouarzazate, where you can visit the Atlas movie studios and stop to see Taourirt's Kasbah. Overnight in Ouarzazate and dinner.Driving distance Approximately 193 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 46 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Boumalne Dades.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Ouarzazate - Skoura - Kalaat M'Gouna - Dades Gorges - Todra Gorge
You leave Ouarzazate in the direction of Todra Gorges after your breakfast at the hotel. In the Oasis of Skoura, you will visit the beautiful Kasbah of Amerhidil, where you will be impressed by the immense Palm Groves and the spectacular scenery of the Atlas Mountains. We will proceed to Kalaat M'Gouna, the Roses Valley, and then stop for a lunch break.
Later on, we leave to go Todra gorges crossing through the Valley of Dades (a valley of one thousand Kasbahs), Boumalne, and Tinghir. You will have the chance to rest and see the river's panoramic scenery. Continue along the river to the gorges, where you will spend your night, dinner, and overnight along the Todra River.Driving distance Approximately 173 kilometersEstimated driving duration 2 hr 25 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Tinghir.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Todra Gorge - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
On the third day, you will walk on foot after breakfast to explore the surrounding area of stunning gorges and admire the views of high rock walls (up to 300 meters). We leave for Tinjdad, where you will have lunch, then travel towards Merzouga crossing via Erfoud city. You can see Khatarat on our path (Canal irrigation system).
Before we stay at your hotel at the foot of the orange dunes of Erg Chebbi, you can stop at Erfoud to visit one of the marble fossil carriers. You'll ride your camel near your hotel to the Oasis desert camp within the dunes, where you'll spend the night, enjoy the view of the sunset, have dinner under the stars, and sleep under the Nomad Berber tent.Driving distance Approximately 195 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 1 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga (Nomad Berber tent).Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes (Gnawa Music, Black Desert, Nomad People)
After visiting the village and oasis of Merzouga, you will meet the Gnawa people, slaves originally brought from Sudan, listen to their music and see their way of life, then we will continue to enjoy the panoramic scenery behind the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi to take several pictures and watch the color of the dunes move through the sunlight, We stop at M'Fis after heading to the village of Mirdani, which is an ancient village in ruins, where coal was extracted and the majority of the people of Merzouga worked to earn a living.
Today is a really interesting day because you are going to spend it near the dunes, which are Morocco's highest dunes. After visiting the village of Mirdani, we continue to visit the Bedouin families in their tents at Erg Chebbi, where you can have a cup of tea then continue to finish the tour by visiting a place where you can see the fossils and the Tissardmine oasis, we will return in the afternoon to the hotel or riad in Merzouga.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 9 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Merzouga - Rissani - Erfoud - Aoufous Oasis - Errachidia - Midelt
You will have free time to rest this morning; you can relax or go and discover what the hotel is surrounded by. After lunch, we will travel through Rissani, Erfoud, Errachidia, Rich, and the Tizi N'Talghom Pass (1907 meters in altitude) to Midelt city. You're going to have a short visit to Zawiya Moulay Ali ash-Sharif; you may as well wander through the Rissani Souk.
We continue on our way to Errachidia, and our next stop is the panoramic view of Aoufous Oasis. Later on, because of its numerous protectors, you can cross via Errachidia, known as the military town. Maybe we'll stop at Barrage Hassan Adakhil and take some photos.
We continue our journey along the Ziz River, you will enjoy the magnificent views of the Ksours and Ziz gorges, you will pass through the Tunnel Du Legionnaire constructed in France (Zaabal). The tour continues through the Middle Atlas, passing the Pass of Tizi N'Talghom. Overnight in Midelt.Driving distance Approximately 267 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 00 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Midelt.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 6: Midelt - Cedar Forest - Azrou - Ifran - Fes
You will enjoy the stunning views of Jebel Aachi Mountain with its snow-covered peaks after your breakfast. We will leave the town of Midelt and head towards Azrou, where you will have lunch and explore this Berber town. Later on, you will have the chance to see the old tree and meet the apes in the Cedar Forest.
We're going to Ifran, "The Moroccan Switzerland" where you'll see and take pictures of a stone lion. You can visit Al Akhawayn University for a visit (Two Brothers). Continue on our drive towards Fes crossing via Imouzzer Kander. Then you arrive at Fes and move to the accommodation of your choice. End of our services: 6 days Morocco tour from Marrakech to Fes.Driving distance Approximately 212 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 26 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- 4 nights stay at Hotel or Riad;
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.