See Morocco in 5 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert
Below here is the program itinerary of 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Merzouga desert, and all the information, and the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 5 days Morocco itinerary Fes to Merzouga?
Book this 5 days tour in Morocco from Fes to Merzouga for a true Sahara experience. Experience camel riding, sleep in the desert camp, and beautiful riads. This Fes desert trip will take you across the Middle Atlas Mountains, via the fascinating pass of Tizi N'Talghamt, the fertile valley of Ziz, Todra gorges, and Berber villages.
- Daily departure is available.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Visit some deserted mines, Berber nomads who still living in the desert with their animals, and the oasis of palm trees.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
See Morocco: Best 5 Days Tour from Fes to Merzouga Desert
How you will spend these 5 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco company placed at your disposal this simple suggestion of this tour itinerary to give you the idea about how you will spend your 5 days in Morocco itinerary, a day-by-day plan to guide your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 5 days desert tour from Fes to Merzouga
See Morocco on this 5 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert, we'll travel through the Middle Atlas Mountains, Todra gorges, and Sahara desert oasis, this 5-day from Fes desert tour includes riding camels for one night in Erg Chebbi sand dunes, exploring the great kasbahs, Safsaf oasis, strolling the gorges of Todra, enjoy the panoramic view of the valley of Ziz, visiting the Berber Villages and Nomad families, and spending three nights in the hotel or riad, one night in the desert camp including breakfast and dinner, then the trip will end up in Fes city.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt - Errachidia - Todra Gorges
After breakfast we'll start our five days from Fes desert tour to Merzouga Erg Chebbi and head towards Todra Gorges, crossing via Ifrane to reach the cedar forests of Azrou where the wild monkeys are located. It will be a good chance to take some memorable pictures of the wilderness in Morocco. You'll have lunch in the small Berber village of Zaida. Then we continue our way through the Atlas Mountains and enjoy the landscapes of Midelt to arrive at the small town of Er-Rich. After that, we go through Errachidia and its small villages, before arriving at Todra Gorges in the evening. Spend your first night at the hotel or riad in Todra gorges.Driving distance Approximately 468 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 30 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Todra Gorges.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Todra Gorges - Tinghir - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
On the second day of Morocco desert tour from Fez to Merzouga 5 days, after breakfast at your accommodation in Todra Gorges, we'll leave Todra Gorges to Merzouga desert and Erg Chebbi dunes. Berber villages are scattered over the way to the Sahara. We'll enjoy the road pass via Tinjdad, Al Jorf, Erfoud, and Rissani. Then we continue our Fes desert tour to the sand dunes of Merzouga desert, where we'll spend the night at a hotel or riad.Driving distance Approximately 195 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 1 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Merzouga - Berber Families - Khamlia - Desert Camp
After you enjoy your breakfast and take a shower in the hotel or riad in Merzouga desert, we'll drive on an off-road tour around the Erg Chebbi desert, we'll also visit some deserted mines, Berber nomads who still living in the desert with their animals, and the oasis of palm trees. We'll have lunch in the desert or in a restaurant in Khamlia, and you'll enjoy and listen to the music of Gnaoua if we have lunch in Khamlia, after your break lunch and relax time, we'll back to Merzouga to start your camel experience, we'll go to ride camels into the Sahara desert of Erg Chebbi sand dunes to enjoy the sunset view and the Sandboarding in the dunes (The activity of sandboarding is not included in the price there is an extra 5 EURO to pay). We'll spend the night in an equipped desert camp with drums music and a clear starry sky. Overnight in a luxurious or standard desert camp as your choice.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Rissani - Erfoud - Aoufous - Errachidia - Midelt
On the fourth day of the Fes desert tour, you'll wake up in the early morning to see the sunrise view. Then ride back the camels to the hotel or riad, for breakfast and take a shower, you'll meet your driver there. After breakfast, we set off west via the Rissani city. Once a major stop for trade-caravans across and from Morocco to neighboring countries. If it is coincidence day markets will take place every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, we'll visit the largest souk in the region. Then, we continue to Erfoud, the town of fossils. Leaving Erfoud to Midelt through the valley and Oasis of Ziz, Errachidia, and Er-Rich. We'll reach Midelt in the evening where we'll spend the night in a hotel or riad.Driving distance Approximately 274 kilometersEstimated driving duration 4 hr 14 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Midelt.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 5: Midelt - Azrou - Ifrane - Fes
We get up in the morning, have breakfast. After breakfast, leave Midelt toward Fes city. We'll pass through many beautiful and breathtaking landscapes, the fascinating cedar forest of Azrou that's full of Monkeys and wild animals, and the inspiring snowy city of Morocco Ifrane which is known as "Switzerland of Morocco" because of its similarity to a Swiss ski resort. Arriving at Fes in the evening. Our driver will make sure to drop you off at your accommodation we have covered that don't worry. End of our services: 5 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert.Driving distance Approximately 212 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 28 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick up and drop off (at your accommodation, airport, or any other place);
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- Experienced English - Spanish - French speaking guide/driver;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel ride in Sahara desert (Camel per person);
- Overnight stay at desert camp (Luxury or Standard);
- 3 nights accommodation at hotel/riad;
- All dinners;
- Turbans for your desert experience;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.