Best Morocco Desert Tour: 4 Days Tour From Fes to Merzouga
Below here is the program itinerary of 4 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert, and all the information, the policies that you have to know before booking with us.
Why BOOK this 4 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert?
Discover some of the highlights of captivating Morocco on this adventurous trip of 4 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert. From Fes to the golden sand dunes of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga and the friendly Berber villages along the way.
- Daily departure is available.
- Take a short time in the Cedar forest of Azrou to see the Barbarian apes, and take pictures.
- Camel riding in the Merzouga desert.
- Spending a night in the desert camp under the stars.
- A breathtaking view of the sunset and sunrise over the dunes.
- Sahara Desert - Sleep under the stars against a backdrop of towering sand dunes.
- Local drums music around the campfire.
- Drive through the palm groves of Ziz valley.
- The tour is available with an English or Spanish-speaking guide.
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco's Grand Canyon through spectacular rock formations.
- Visit some deserted mines, Berber nomads who still living in the desert with their animals, and the oasis of palm trees.
- The tour is at an affordable price and has great quality services.
Best 4 Days in Morocco: Fes to Merzouga Desert Tour
How you will spend these 4 days in Morocco?
Days In Morocco tour company is at your disposal as you spend the next 4 days in Morocco. Your itinerary will give you a day-by-day guide to your journey. This tour itinerary can be changed to suit your dream tour, and it will be customized to fit your needs.
Overview: of 4 days tour from Fes to Merzouga desert
In this 4 days Fes to Merzouga desert tour, you will spend 4 days on an incredible adventure in the south of Morocco as it will encourage you to enjoy the Middle Atlas Mountains, discover the Cedar Forest, Ziz Valley, ride camels, and visit the Sahara desert to explore its small villages. You will have an amazing journey that starts from the Fes through Merzouga Desert Region. You will also meet nomadic families and spend the night in the desert, in addition to seeing and enjoying the sunset and the view of the sunrise.
Tour Itinerary: A day-by-day plan to guide your journey.
- Day 1: Fes - Ifrane - Azrou - Midelt - Errachidia - Todra Gorges
After breakfast we'll start our four days from Fes desert tour to Merzouga Erg Chebbi and head towards Todra Gorges, crossing via Ifrane to reach the cedar forests of Azrou where we'll have the opportunity to see the wild monkeys. It will be a good chance for you to take pictures of the wilderness in Morocco, we'll stop for lunch in Zaida which is a small Berber village. We continue on our way through the Atlas Mountains and enjoy the landscapes of Midelt to arrive at the small town of Er-Rich. Then we continue our journey through Errachidia and its small villages, before arriving at Todra Gorges in the evening. Spend your first night at the hotel or riad in Todra Gorges.Driving distance Approximately 468 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 25 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Todra Gorges.Meals Dinner
- Day 2: Todra Gorges - Tinghir - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
On the second day after breakfast at your accommodation in Todra Gorges, we'll leave Todra Gorges to Merzouga desert and Erg Chebbi dunes. Berber villages are scattered over the way to the Sahara. We'll enjoy the road pass via Tinjdad, Al Jorf, and Erfoud. Then we continue our tour to the sand dunes of Merzouga desert, where we'll spend the night at a hotel or riad.Driving distance Approximately 195 kilometersEstimated driving duration 3 hr 1 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 3: Tour around Erg Chebbi desert by 4x4 - Merzouga area
After you enjoy your breakfast and take a shower in the hotel or riad in Merzouga desert, we'll drive on an off-road tour around the Erg Chebbi desert, we'll also visit some deserted mines, Berber nomads who still living in the desert with their animals, and the oasis of palm trees. We'll have lunch in the desert or in a restaurant in Khamlia, and you'll enjoy and listen to the music of Gnaoua if we have lunch in Khamlia, after your break lunch and relax time, we'll back to Merzouga or Hassilabied to start your camel experience, we'll go to ride camels into the Sahara desert of Erg Chebbi sand dunes to enjoy the sunset view and the Sandboarding in the dunes (Sandboarding is not included in the price, you'll pay an extra 5 EURO). We'll spend the night in an equipped desert camp with drums music and a clear starry sky. Overnight in a luxurious or standard desert camp as your choice.Driving distance Approximately 86 kilometersEstimated driving duration 1 hr 09 min (without stops)Accommodation Overnight stay in Merzouga.Meals Breakfast Dinner
- Day 4: Merzouga - Rissani - Aoufous - Midelt - Ifrane - Fes
On the last day of our 4 days trip from Fes to Merzouga, you are going to wake up in the early morning to enjoy the panoramic view of the sunrise, then we'll ride back the camels to your hotel or riad in Merzouga. After you take a shower and finish your breakfast, we'll continue our tour back to Fes city, through the middle Atlas Mountains and Berber villages, then we'll visit the valley of Ziz, Midelt, and Ifrane, and we'll stop in the cedar forest of Azrou to take pictures with the apes. Then we continue our journey to Fes in the evening we'll be at Fes. Our driver will make sure to drop you off at your accommodation in Fes don't worry we have covered this. End of our services: 4 days tour Fes to Merzouga desert.Driving distance Approximately 469 kilometersEstimated driving duration 7 hr 22 min (without stops)Meals Breakfast
Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
Tour Map: Here's a map of your travel route.
What's Included: Don't worry, we've got this covered.
- Pick you up from the airport to your accommodation;
- Pick you up from your accommodation;
- Drop you off at your accommodation;
- Tour Commentary;
- Transport by private vehicle with A/C;
- English speaking driver/guide;
- Car Fuel;
- Camel trek (Camel per person);
- 1 night stay at luxurious or standard desert camp (as your choice);
- 2 nights stay at Hotel or Riad;
- All dinners;
- Daily breakfast;
- Confirmation at time of booking;
- Plus many surprises stops on the way.
Prices Not Included
- Flights to/from Morocco;
- Meals, drinks & entrance fees;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips & Personal expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase);
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required;
- Children's must be accompanied by an adult.
What to take on your Morocco Tour?
We strongly recommend using TSA-approved luggage locks on your bags and hand carry valuables on the plane.
Many of our trips require us to move our base several times, so we recommend that you pack as lightly as possible. There will not always be someone available to help you carry your bags so you should only bring as much as you can carry on your own.
We suggest that you bring the following items:Clothing & Equipment
- Season-specific casual clothes (men and women should always dress modestly out of respect for the culture they are visiting- no tank tops, low cut tops, or short shorts. It is not necessary to wear a headscarf.)
- Hiking clothes and shoes (NOTE: They can get quite dirty/dusty).
- Bathing suit.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
- A light jacket/windbreaker (NOTE: It can be very windy in Essaouira).
- A warm jacket (NOTE: It can be quite cold in the High Atlas Mountains from November to March. Please pack appropriately for cold, winter evenings.).
- Power adaptor for 220v, 50 Hz (outlets are two-prong rounded).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- First-aid kit with lip balm, aspirin, band-aids, cream for sore muscles (e.g. deep heat), Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Passport (with photocopies).
- Travel insurance (with photocopies).
- Airline tickets (with photocopies).
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required.
- Credit and/or debit card and/or cash (MasterCard and Visa are the most commonly used; American Express and Maestro cards are difficult to use in Morocco.)
- This document, printed.
In order to protect against any unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to purchase adequate insurance before your date of departure. Coverage should include baggage damage or loss, flight delays or cancellations, etc. We recommend “World Nomads” for your Travel Insurance.
Tour Images: These pictures maybe will give a good image of your trip.
FREE! If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of most activities, you will receive a complete refund if you paid all the price.
Tourism Transport in Morocco - Our Cars
It's our goal to make memories that last a lifetime when you visit Morocco. That is we only offer the best at our disposal.
Our vehicles are fully-equipped for your comfort and adventure. Air conditioned and comfortable, these rugged vehicles are built for the road. Our cars have 6 seats. They're clean. The fleet includes the Toyota Prado TX, Toyota Prado VX, and Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.
Our drivers are connoisseurs of their regions. No one knows Morocco better than them. When they bring you on your journey, it will feel like travelling with a trusted friend.
For groups ranging from 7 to 17 in size, we offer minibusses and minivans such as the Hyundai H-1 Minivan, Mercedes Minibus's, and the Mercedes Vito.
Feel free to travel with our guide by your own vehicle, if you have one. Or use our 4-wheeled-drive. The choice is always yours.
Toyota Prado TX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.
Toyota Prado VX (4x4)
- Capacity: 6 Seater
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel
- Air-conditioned car;
- Capacity: 7/8 Seater;
- Fuel type: Diesel fuel;
- Air-conditioned car;
- Manual / Automatic.